Aliens Я Cheatin'

Ok so maybe not cheating but WOAH ... What .. the Hell ... lol ...

I just went to a downed UFO, Those Lizard men looking freaks, and i have two men hiding behind a wall ... I have roughly 17% chance to hit with max TU's thrown into an aimed shot ... bear in mind, I also have a 50% chance of hitting the Wall the lizard-thing is hiding behind, so all in all I'm basically screwed with aimed shots. My sniper is a little farther up the map, not too far, but has a 57% chance of hitting with full TU in aimed shot ...

Turn one ... Everyone misses, Alien auto-shots destroys the wall one of my people is behind and hits another one.

Turn two ... Everyone misses, Alien auto-shots "Two" of the shots kill one of my men ...

Turn three ... Everyone misses, Alien auto-shots, Hits my other man behind the wall killing him too.

So my question is ... What the hell is the alien accuracy with burst shot ... they never seem to miss, and two of a three burst connecting, even though with fully aimed shots I'm not topping 20% ... Whats going on here, I know there's meant to be a challenge, but when your soldiers are being wiped out because they're so blind they couldn't hit themselves, and fighting enemies that just cant miss if they wanted too, The appeal of playing the game really just starts to fade away ...

To end it all, after losing 4 men in 4 turns I just turned it off ... If i cant hit them I may as well pack up and go home!

They aren't cheating. A three round burst from a single alien with only a 10% chance to hit has a 27% chance to get ONE hit. If you have two aliens with a 10% chance to hit firing three round bursts, there is a 47% chance they will get AT LEAST ONE hit each turn. The alien weapons are more accurate than human weapons most of the time on top of that, so my 10% example is probably low. Three hits from a total of 18 alien shots is well within the normal odds. You just SLIGHTLY unlucky.

The bigger problem was that your men didn't hit at all. Taking out just one of aliens would have swung the firefight drastically in your favor. OR alternately, you just needed to get more guys into the battle. Suppression with the LMG would have fixed your problem.

Edited by StellarRat

There's a bug in the Steam version where misses frequently don't scatter far enough to actually miss the target. It means long-range inaccurate shooting hits far too often. The next version will fix it (also means machineguns are OP in the current version).

There's a bug in the Steam version where misses frequently don't scatter far enough to actually miss the target. It means long-range inaccurate shooting hits far too often. The next version will fix it (also means machineguns are OP in the current version).

Bummer, lol because my machine gun guys are the only people able to hit the broad side of a barn :(

Bummer, lol because my machine gun guys are the only people able to hit the broad side of a barn :(

Positioning is your friend. Shooting straight on into cover results in extremely hit chances (unless you are able to outright destroy the cover). Try out flanking the aliens to get higher percentage shots. Also supression is great for reducing the number of shots aliens fire at you.

Ok so maybe not cheating but WOAH ... What .. the Hell ... lol ...

I just went to a downed UFO, Those Lizard men looking freaks, and i have two men hiding behind a wall ... I have roughly 17% chance to hit with max TU's thrown into an aimed shot ... bear in mind, I also have a 50% chance of hitting the Wall the lizard-thing is hiding behind, so all in all I'm basically screwed with aimed shots. My sniper is a little farther up the map, not too far, but has a 57% chance of hitting with full TU in aimed shot ...

Turn one ... Everyone misses, Alien auto-shots destroys the wall one of my people is behind and hits another one.

Turn two ... Everyone misses, Alien auto-shots "Two" of the shots kill one of my men ...

Turn three ... Everyone misses, Alien auto-shots, Hits my other man behind the wall killing him too.

So my question is ... What the hell is the alien accuracy with burst shot ... they never seem to miss, and two of a three burst connecting, even though with fully aimed shots I'm not topping 20% ... Whats going on here, I know there's meant to be a challenge, but when your soldiers are being wiped out because they're so blind they couldn't hit themselves, and fighting enemies that just cant miss if they wanted too, The appeal of playing the game really just starts to fade away ...

To end it all, after losing 4 men in 4 turns I just turned it off ... If i cant hit them I may as well pack up and go home!

%to hit is way lower if aliens are in cover, you have to destroy the cover first. If you still have ballistic weapons, forget about it, use stun grenades, flashbangs for suppression. Covers will go down easily once you get plasma, by then the only good cover is the dead alien that wont shoot at it :)

And you're right about alien spam spray fire, its quite insane accurate, even across the map when they're using spotter. Gotta be VERY careful.

Stun grenades and flashbangs are your friends, if things get tight.