There are already soviet weapons in the files, but they would have to be animated. Chris stated years ago that he has picked one weapon for each class to avoid overlap with weapons doing same job. And because the projectile weapons become obsolete so quickly

Not likely to happen. Ballistic weapons are meant to be replaced and the time it would take to add them would be better spent on other features.

Mods though will probably add them.

im able to build plasma weaponry but im still using balistics wrapons (with exeption of my interceptors and a spatering of heavy weapons) their light, available in unlimeted quantities, the do less damage but you can fire more bullets... and there hasnt been anything i habent been able to kill (even heavy drones) im using advanced explosices and grenades etc but i think balistics weapons are under rated (plus i have more importan things to spend my money on)

I'm planning a mod that will add the MP5, VP70 and some other stuff. So, that ought round out ballistics weapons. I will tell though, that the MP5 is probably going to suck against anything that has armor and you'll have to get quite close to use effectively. Should be real good against red shirts in a confined area. VP70 same. I'm waiting for the game code to be finalized and balanced so I'll have a good measuring stick and won't have to change it all due to an update. Mods take quite a while to do right, so I don't want to do it twice.