Medical Center Option

I made a post the other day about "What use is the medical center" ... Well i had a suggestion ... maybe on the personnel screen, the pull downs could include "In Medical Center" ... along with Charlie X or Unassigned, Doesn't seem like a huge issue, but knowing which troops are recovering would make a little difference.

And i know you can say "It says Wounded!" but, assigning them to medical center, and having it state that, to me, just adds a little more organization to my own game ... Also gives the medical center a somewhat more active part, rather than just existing on the base map with no options to it

I would like to be able to set the % at which they disembark the Charlie. At the moment I have 52% health troops staying onboard, when I want 100% health troops. If I miss one when i manually reassign troops then I end up taking injured troops to war.

You should also need to populate it with medical staff, which should also consume living space, which incidentily should also apply to the pilots and command & control team.

Then you can also start to have experience and skillsets for those staff as well... Then when the base gets raided, the aliens can slaughter the staff, and steal all your supplies.

Thoughts of implementation:

program-wise, MedCenter is a data-structure identical to a dropship, with

1) blocked possibility to send to mission.

2) blocked tank assigning

3) units with health < 50% assigning automatically, units with 50%+ can be assigned here normally

4) different UI background picture

Result:

- soldiers in MedCenter are as avialable for viewing and equiping as soldiers in dropships

- no need for automatic equipment remove so Equipment-Lose-Bug goodbye forever.

Would it hurt if you could click on the hospital and be brought to a screen with the wounded in it with their portraits? and brief info on recovery eta?

That adds a different interactive/ more immersive element to the game. Now that EU2012 is around, it's sort of reminiscent of that. All the medical info at the click of a button. Nice.

Obviously, you should then have the option of using funding to leave grapes, flowers or the Bleeding Head of Your Your Best Buddy Who Died in Combat Because You Were Too Weak to Get Up and Fight Like A Xenonaut, YOU COWARD! HOW COULD YOU!?