Missing or inaccessible base map files

DeepSix

Are you trying to adjust the submaps or the whole level?

Is this for your base or the enemy?

Remember that the level for your base is generated depending on where you place your buildings on the base screen so there is not a pre-set map as there is for say a terror mission.

The submap editor should allow you to load up and alter the individual base rooms though.

Are you trying to adjust the submaps or the whole level?

Well, just the layout of the facility.

Is this for your base or the enemy?

Xenonaut base

The submap editor seems to be only able to modify tiles and spectres, unless im missing something ?

The base layout on defence missions is defined by where you put your buildings when constructing your actual base in the game.

The submap editor will allow you to change the layout of the individual rooms but not where they appear in the ground mission.

For example you can load up the living quarters and move, delete, or replace the beds, add an item, or even create a new version from scratch.

There is also a level editor that allows you to build a level out of the submaps.

You could create a base level in there but the game would not use it for base defence missions.

That would still generate a level to reflect your base design in game.

The submap editor will allow you to change the layout of the individual rooms

That exactly what i want to do.

I must not be using correctly then. I suppose i could delete things but moving and replacing, i dont see how that would work.

Is there some documentation some where ?

You cannot pick up and move items as such.

Moving and replacing involves deleting it from one spot and placing it down in another.

There are some bits of information around on how to use the submap editor but nothing extensive.

The only large body of information I remember seeing is now likely to be completely outdated due to changes to the editor.

Might still be worth looking at though, it is sometimes easier to learn the differences than learn the whole thing from scratch.

It is on the Xenonauts wiki:

http://xenowiki.goldhawkinteractive.com/index.php?title=Sub-Map_Editor

Hope that is of some use.