I dont see why humans have such short eyesight (even in daylight) ive spent many missions geting gunned down as i exit my dropship by enemies concealed by the fog of war. im sure there is a reason for this but it seem unrealistic and gives aliens an advantage they shouldnt have over humans, expecialy when they out number, out range and out gun you... (reptiles for example generaly have poor eyesight but in this the xeno equivalint can see further than a veteran sniper....)

The Sebillians are designed with shorter sight range than humans.

Some aliens see further though.

As part of the current ground combat balance phase those ranges are being looked at along with the weapons.

You probably noticed that weapon ranges are not exactly realistic either.

All ranges are scaled down significantly to make the size of the battlefields manageable.

Dont forget the ever present squadsight. It takes only 1 alien to spot your soldiers and all the rest can target you if able. This confuses people a lot about sight ranges and being extremely "suppressed" in an unfair manner. No one seems to have any problem at all when its them who are doing it to the aliens :P

Dont forget the ever present squadsight. It takes only 1 alien to spot your soldiers and all the rest can target you if able. This confuses people a lot about sight ranges and being extremely "suppressed" in an unfair manner. No one kseems to have any problem at all when its them who are doing it to the aliens :P

i am aware of that, but i mean cant see any oponents atall, and im still recieving fire, and i have yet to be able to do this to them (i got a kill by randomly firing at were i assumed they were but that was more luck than anything else

There's something odd going on with their targetting range from my experience. They seem to shoot at units further than they can see during their turn (noticeable with Sebillians who will fire from beyond visual range, in Basic armour, but only reaction fire much closer).