Electroshock grenade same as stun grenade in terms of subduing aliens?

Hey!

Can't seem to find any info on the electroshock grenade and if it is just an upgraded stun grenade or if it serves an entirely different purpose.

Just tried to subdue a Ceasan Officer using 5 electroshock grenades and a stun baton on a Terror mission to no avail. Getting the feeling the stun baton and the electroshock grenades are utterly useless.

As far as I can tell, Sebillians (Noncom up to officer) take 2-3 electroshock grenades, and will suppress the Sebby long before it's stunned. That's becuase it does 60 pts of stun damage, noncoms has 80 HP, Officers have 160 HP. So do Caesans as the aliens have been set to "baseline" stats atm.

BUT.

You have to throw it within 10 tiles of the target (that's it's operational range), and if you want the full effect, it has to land on-target. Otherwise the stun pts start dropping with every tiles it lands off target and out of 10 tiles. And I'm pretty sure the random damage factor also applies to stun damage. I'm going to test that out to see if random damage is applied to stun damage as well.

I don't think they do, but I've seen it happen a few times in earlier builds when rockets would do stun damage. Pretty shocking when an alien just jumps up and runs off from amongst your troopers.

Big White Rabbit vibe. "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!"

It's kinda too bad about the grenade timer thing. Would be hilarious like the the original xcom to run up with an inventory full of primed grenades, place them all on the ground, then scamper away, cackling madly.

As a note, scampering away while cackling madly would take 5TUs per square, but definitely be worth it.

In one game of the OG, Pvt Timmy made the ultimate sacrifice. Running into a tiny room with a Sectopod carrying a (modded) HE Pack.

God Bless Pvt Timmy. Semper Fi and all that.

It was also damn funny. CHARGE! *Zot* *BOOM!*