First mission. UFO securing...

What the hell with all that stuff? I killed all aliens on the map, why mission is not ending?

First i thought the there was some sucker hiding somewhere, like lobstermen like to do on their sneakin underwater bases. Than I opened this forum and read the beginning of a thread Is it possible to actually secure an UFO? (Yes!)

So i guesses, ok, i should try do this. So all my soldiers had a very funny party in this little flying saucer, all standing there and looking on their alien technology stuff. It was really fun 5 turns. Packed with action. And whoa - mission ended.

And ok, we salvaged some alien tech pistols that's good, and my scientists are immediately ready to research them... but wait, how, my crew is still in Alaska, and they have pretty much hours to fly to their base in Minsk.

Wow, those spots on geosphere... I can send interceptors to them. But how, how can I know?

This game is a catastrophe. UI is hard to follow, sound is not working, gamedesign is no fun. Guys do something.

Shooting aliens was still fun. But it take daaaaaaaaays for soldiers to sit or standup.

What the hell, another crash site and it is on Alaska. That's the last and only frontier of alien resistance?

And what with every crash response dialog?

Why i can only ignore it or send task force?

Where is iconic 'center 5 sec.' button? How can I review my troops before sending them on mission?

If misión didnt end is because there were alien/s alive. Sincé they move around and retreat it could have gone somewere you cleared before.

If you are refereing to research available before gettign back to base, yes its a bit weird. I though it was being worked, as alien autopsys now wait for you to get back and before were instant.

CLick on UFO contact and popup lets you assign an intercept misión on it. CLick the Intercept button in the UI and you can set the target. Its not different from original XCOm really. And UI is going to be changed in the next versión and work better.

No idea with your`problem with sound, mine Works good.

Animations and bullet speeds can be adjusted easily, so you can have a mod that changes it to be more of your liking. I do use faster bullets since I find vanilla too slow.

Now you are being either too fast or too blind. No intention on offending you thoug. Theres a center 5 sec option in UFO contact. You can review your tropos AND then click on crash/UFO to send them.

Yep, you are right, There is 5 sec on UFO interception, but I was talking about crashsite. When UFO was downed by local military force.

Haha, my firs UFO intercepted, and it crashed into the sea. And then I got message that it escaped to space. How is that?

Also don't get why my interceptors are targeting some point before UFO? why the simply don't target UFO itself?

I engaged it. think should have tailed till it fly a top of land. Poor aliens, they escaped to the space (sea), like some glonass satellites last year.

If misión didnt end is because there were alien/s alive. Sincé they move around and retreat it could have gone somewere you cleared before.

Yep, there is definitely OR between two victory condition. But it suck when aliens are hiding somewhere. They should defend their UFO or try to slaughter remaining civilians. It sucks to find last alien, it sucked in original X-COM, it sucked in TFTD and it sucks in Xenonauts.

Also it wold be great if my troops can hear somehow alien activity, or suggest me where i should searh. it would be fun. Also i need working proximity sensor. Maybe many of them, working on different principles and detecting different alien presence. Depending on how sophisticated my R&D become.

They will eventually defend the UFO. In the meantime, all you have to do is get one soldier into their UFO and leave him there for five turns. You will get a victory and the mission will end.

Yep, I already figured it out. Now having fun on the farms of Alaska. Rednecks with shotguns are cool.

It would be great if I can communicate with civilians some how to tell them to hide in my heli and stop blocking my line of sight. Also the can have clues on where I can find aliens.

This game is evil. I just tail targeted UFO and all i got is happy flying on a third time speed from europe to the north pole. and fuel of my crafts ended in a seconds. this game is pure evil. filled with features which can spoil your game.

But this game is still more fun to play than xcom:eu.

Edited by yatagarasu

This game is evil. I just tail targeted UFO and all i got is happy flying on a third time speed from europe to the north pole. and fuel of my crafts ended in a seconds. this game is pure evil. filled with features which can spoil your game.

But this game is still more fun to play than xcom:eu.

Ah, must have been a Scout. Fast buggers, but MiG's can catch them pretty easily.

So, grenades are like bullets, you can't throw them over heads of your soldiers.

So, hunter tank have turret but it is not rotated.

So, i can't use hunter tank as cover, because it is blocking my fire and even grenades.

This game is designed by GENIUS!!!!

Ah, must have been a Scout. Fast buggers, but MiG's can catch them pretty easily.

I have no money to build MiG's, but F-17 is pretty ok too. I don't know why I should build MiG's early in game. I better research and build some advanced weaponry, like lase guns or gauss pistols (btw. i like gauss systems so much...) but there is no such option. I am not sure if there is any armor for research...

Calm down, don't be offensive.

I don't want to offend anybody. Actually i like the game and appreciate the work developers have done. But many things are done wrong. Developers should mobilize and rework them )

Grenades are going to be worked on. They're a bit odd as yet.

How can she not throw grenade over that bush fence. (((

My sniper have some extraterrestrial eye disease. Is there any possibility for proper treatment?

My assaults can make two perfect shots from a distance of two screens from their m16. My sniper can't hit a standing reptile from 20 feets.

He just made a 45 degree shot. He is the only one capable of doing this. Maybe i should euthanize him? He have an accuracy of 64!

Edited by yatagarasu

yatagarasu, you say the developers should mobilise and fix them, what do you think they are doing now? Sitting, laughing as they count your money? There are two ways to critcise the game. You can comment on the things that you know to be wrong, say why they are wrong, what you want to change about them and why they should be changed, or you can complain that something is wrong and insult the developers. If you were one of these developers, which would you listen to? The properly constructed argument, or the LOL BROKEN PLZ FIX?

yatagarasu, you say the developers should mobilise and fix them, what do you think they are doing now? Sitting, laughing as they count your money? There are two ways to critcise the game. You can comment on the things that you know to be wrong, say why they are wrong, what you want to change about them and why they should be changed, or you can complain that something is wrong and insult the developers. If you were one of these developers, which would you listen to? The properly constructed argument, or the LOL BROKEN PLZ FIX?

Take it easy, i am not insulting anybody, and i don't care who the developers would think. But waht I think - is that developers should focus on making a good game. If they are good developers they should have a good perspective what they are making and what good game should be, good game which is fun to play.

Yes, the only possible argument is "LOL BROKEN PLZ FIX", because why they even write broken code?

Actually there is no reason in suggesting new features and possible enhancements if basic features are broken. It's like building a house from broken bricks - it all will take a very long time.

And I am basically playing and writing my experience here. For now I lost my tank just because my highly trained sniper was not capable to hit anybody. Why. i don't know, because assaults with m16 cleared the area in few shots. Firing beyond their firing range. They even have higher accuracy percentage than a sniper rifle on it's aimed 50tu shot.

Actually I bought a game two days ago and was not playing year old development builds and hope that things became not worthe from that time.

This is not Belarus, we're used to a slightly more civilized and polite form of argumentation :)

First, stop thinking that everyone except you is an idiot. Developers know how to write code and that it should be good code. This isn't your high school programming assignment, it's actually difficult to make something complex, so there will be bugs and incomplete things, like how grenades currently work. Please report that, it is very helpful, but quit treating developers like morons that write broken code on purpose.

Second, do try to understand some aspects of the game first. It can be confusing even if you've played X-COM, with things like heavy weapon movement penalties. I've played the original X-COM a fair bit, yet it was hard enough to get used to certain things in Xenonauts, and I am still learning.