[v18 STABLE (STEAM 30/5/2013)] Can't save anymore.

Hello again guys.

Soo, today i was joining a terror mission and i was playing it normaly, i saved sometimes and everything goes fine.

I have alt-tab for a moment to see a thing on the deskop and after i try to save i crash, i think it's was a normal problem and i have tried to save again but i crash instanely.

I have tried to restart the PC and verifing the data's on Steam, in 5 days this is the first time.

Now i cannot save anything, and lf i try to load a game on the geoscape map i crash too, what happen?

Nobody have got this bug? Because i can't continue my normal operation or play anything, it's still crashing lf i try to make a new operation and make a new save game.

No this forum is created for bug reports on the early access builds of the game.

When a bug is reported it will normally be logged and checked to see if it can be duplicated by a member of the dev team.

Generally there is only one, maybe two if Chris is not busy on other things. This is a small indie dev team and the steam release has brought a lot more people to the forum and so a lot more bug reports, feature requests and feedback posts.

The 12 hours between your first post in this thread and your second are also overnight in the UK where the devs are based so at least some of them were likely to be sleeping rather than reading the bug threads.

When someone gets a chance to confirm it or requires more information there will be a post, until then have patience, they are working on bugs and there has been a lot of improvement in previous versions.

Apparently, i got this strange for no reason in the same gameplay.

When i got him i was defending a base and after 1 game day i can't save anything, i need to load again the old Mission ( I was or a Terron mission or a Base Defense Mission ) and i need to deleted all the corrupted saved games and finish the mission, then i can save again. This is strange, because it's the first time i got this bug after several days of game, it's there somenthing can make this bug happen? Or it's totaly random?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

EDIT: Now after my mission is compleat, is happening to me always at the next mission lf is a rescure, a terror, a crashed ufo or a alien assault base, can someone please help? D:

Edited by GT78

I just had a somewhat similar problem, though not exactly.

I landed at the medium ship landing spot that shows up next to the terror site. Part way through I ended the mission (takeoff, leaving all troops behind) to get more information on another research related bug. After that, once I loaded into the game I was unable to save the game again, it would simply end the mission when I tried with all troops being lost.

Exiting the game and restarting fixed my problem however.

Here you go Matthew, hope this can give you somenthing to fix the problem, because lf i try any soluction i always crash after this base defense, i will try to don't do the base defense mission and i will see lf this works, maybe the base defence missions will make this bug happening.

Homewhere, there is some savegames:

1) [2013-06-08_14.58.04] This is the first, here you just need to kill the last alien in the base, after you finish i'm sending a Charlie to intercepd a grounded ufo. You can do the first 2-3 saves, but after that you will crash and you need to restart from the Base defense mission by killing the last alien, because all the savegames get corrupted ( Autosaves too ) and you are forced to do this, i have not tried to compleate the mission withtout saving and to see lf this works.

2 [2013-06-08_17.55.35] This is another savegame where i have stopped the charlie, and i'm waiting 2 day game to attack the alien base in America, lf you wait and you try to attack you will crash during the loading screen i don't know why, this is another bug i have discovered now.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8D90589F9DF143EE!808&authkey=!ANnABg_MIRtcmSU

Hi. I had the same problem. I was doing a large ship mission, saved and then abandoned the mission so I could look at the Xenopedia. Then I reloaded the mission and kept playing. After that, I could not longer save the game, either in the mission or once I completed the mission. In the mission, when I tried to save, it would react as though I had abandoned the mission. Once I completed the mission it autosaved -- so at least that works -- but when I tried to do my own save the game just crashed and went to my desktop. Has there been a fix to this?

Yes, the base defence mission cause this problem.

I have reloaded a old save game a bit first the base defence commence, soo i have tried to play withtout doing the defence a now works perfectly. Hope this info can help you