Diplomacy status display?

I guess it wasn't in the original X-Com, but I quite like the display of your status with each of the other countries (as coloured bars) in XCOM2012. I see that Xenonauts does have a status indication if you hover over a specific country, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be good to have the list/bars type display off to the side (or colour code an outline around the country or something), so that you see everything at a glance and at once, without having to hover over each one, one at a time.

Is this something that was decided not to have, or not considered important? Just curious...

I do like the tension caused by seeing all the statuses at once, in front of you... constanly reminding you of the tensions and urgency. I imagine the actual mechanics (country diplomacy, urgency, etc) IS present in Xenonauts, but a display like this simply brings it forward, from 'under the hood' to 'in your face'.

(I suspect this might start a heated discussion! But, I'm just curious... although if given the choice, I think I'd like to see this kind of display, for the reasons outlined above...) :D

I believe the original plan was to have an overlay toggle that showed each funding area highlighted in different colours depending on what that specific overlay was showing.

So for example if you clicked the alien activity overlay then nations with high activity would glow red, shading down through to green for zero/low activity.

Same thing could be used for relations, green for good, shading down to red for the ones you have lost.

The game needs to give you the information in some fashion that is much more visual and allows for easier comparison than currently.

Have to see what the new UI does with it.

Cool, I wasn't sure if it was still a consideration, or intentionally omitted for some reason.

Ya, the main thing is that you have a means to see the status of ALL the countries at once, rather than one at a atime... plus, the display certainly gets more tense when you have those constant reminders staring you down.