Consistent crashing after missions

Whenever i complete a mission either by killing all xenos or holding a UFO the game freezes (either looking at the last thing i looked at, or on the hidden movement screen if i have held a ufo for 5 turns) strangely if i exit and re start from the auto save the missionwill play through and end normaly, this isnt a huge deal but having to play 3 in every 4 missions twice. gets boring and irritating...

Same thing happens to me. I tend to save before killing every alien when I think it's the last one, so I only have to kill one, not redo the whole mission.

Btw, desert medium combat is crashing on mission load, I downed a lander and can't play the mission. Any workarounds?

For me what happens is that when the combat ends, the game kind of freezes but the music keeps playing. I wait some time (like 30 seconds to a few minutes) and then suddenly the game shows the final combat summary screen. My guess is that there is a huge memory operation at the end of combat so the game kind of freezes.

Posting your computer specification might help the developers to pinpoint the problem. Core 2 duo @ 2.13 ghz (stock), 4 ghz ram, win 7 64bit sp1, geforce 570 amp, 7200rpm hdd.