How close are we to the intended final product?

Hi Chris and team!

I know you hate to give dates so I'm not asking for that. I adore this genre and Xenonauts (from the 4 hours I have invested into the beta) very much! I don't want to burn myself out if there are still a lot of bugs, or a bunch of content missing I'd like to wait to play until we're at least 85% or so complete.

Would you be able to give us a rough estimation on how complete you feel the game is at the moment? Maybe not as a raw number, just anyway you feel says it best. I know the safe option is 'just wait for the final release' but damn, you're making this game well and I am sorely tempted to just throw myself at it anyway. If you tell me 'its only text & some optimisation of the engine' to go I'd be in for it immediately. If you say 'the AI still needs a bit of work' I'd rather wait. I'm all about the gameplay, flavor text isn't going to bother me.

Thanks a bunch!

AI is getting some more brain surgery, and balancing has just begun. If that's an issue you should wait.

Seems to be mostly crash free (for me at least, though the bug forum is filled with annoyingly common crash bugs).

The game is feature complete, and lots of the content is done but the game play of both the ground combat and Geoscape sections of the game have not been properly balanced - there are some very steep difficulty spikes in the Geoscape in particular. There are also some areas of content that still need to be filled out significantly - we need many, many more maps to have enough variation, for example.

The game is feature complete, and lots of the content is done but the game play of both the ground combat and Geoscape sections of the game have not been properly balanced - there are some very steep difficulty spikes in the Geoscape in particular. There are also some areas of content that still need to be filled out significantly - we need many, many more maps to have enough variation, for example.

Thanks very much for taking the time to get back to me Aaron, I will hold off on play for a while more then. Don't rush it, we can wait, hopefully you guys can bring your vision to fruition.

Having just started (middle of october) I can def echo that we need more maps. I must of seen the same very small farm and industry map 20+ times :(

Overall awesome game tho!! Totally in love. Sad I didnt see the kickstarter as I would of loved to have some of those extra stretch goals. I'm curious. Are there any plans to potentially have a sequel developed in Unity? Or another kickstarter for an add on?

Have been doing some reading and it seems the engine being used is a biggest hurdle so I suppose I rather see them move on to an engine that has a proven track record.