Aliens to trigger happy?

So since the beta is out I've been enjoying it massively...Only had one crash mid combat...(Accepteble).But i find that aliens are very trigger happy...It seems like they do not think ''complex strategy's''.To me it seems like most aliens strategy is to be a camper and just stay there pulling incredible accurate reaction shots.Also once let's say I evade the reaction shot and i move closer to him(obviously kneeling next to the fence) and ending the turn...I know that aliens are supossed to be powerfull but they are to harsh at the moment like you are guaranteed that the alien is gonna fire a normal shot(if not supressed) and a burst shot...I don't even understand why are they having burst with a pistol...that just seems dumb to me...Not sayin the plasma rifles burst...I can take out cover in 2 shoots then the third will shoot your soldier and then you are left with a bleeding/20 hp men in the middle of the battlefield...

I personally think that burst shoots should be more rare...

Also Sathra you remember I had problems with power sources?I finally got one!!

Also I'm interested in installing your mod but i hear the Xeno-Menu mod install is broken.So how do I install your mod and Xtended Soldiers?

Edited by MisterLock

Nice to hear MisterLock!

Yeah, the mod thing from the launcher isn't working for some reason. So you have to over-write files.

New version coming soon, after I test one little thing (alien power sources used for aircraft).

The aliens seem to 'guess' your troops locations too.

hey, thats not bad at all!!! this is more realistic that alien will also know some way to flush the soldier out (or forcing our Rambos to take cover).

random chance of alien using grenades(to flush), say 3% possibility, will be awesome too.

Still i don't mind burst fire...as long as it's not this common...I mean Ceasean's with rifles= Death because they are units designed for medium range unlike sebbilians...And let me tell you the Ceasean's tend to fire alot of burst shots...I mean goddamn...After they used a burst shot wich takes like 40 TU and a regular shot(probably 20 TU) they still have enough time units to fire a reaction shot.

I've never seen an alien use a grenade, but plenty of them knowing exactly where to shoot to hurt. Not that I mind. I'm still waiting for that promised 'unbeatable AI'.
Well, you might not have to wait to much longer. The aliens are supposed use grenades, but presently don't. It's a bug or not yet implemented. Also, they don't use reaction very well, but then again neither do your soldiers. So, in reality, the aliens are going to become even MORE "trigger happy." Those are probably both going to be fixed. So, yes, I do believe the AI will get much tougher in the future.

Well, you might not have to wait to much longer. The aliens are supposed use grenades, but presently don't. It's a bug or not yet implemented. Also, they don't use reaction very well, but then again neither do your soldiers. So, in reality, the aliens are going to become even MORE "trigger happy." Those are probably both going to be fixed. So, yes, I do believe the AI will get much tougher in the future.

Well currently if you do something like an alien base mission, it's like a damn trench warfare except there are walls between everyone that can't be broken... Aliens shooting up everything blowing shit up in rooms that have nobody except them in it. I would say that is excessively trigger happy and would hope they become less "trigger happy" even if they are more difficult to beat...

I don't have a problem if they shoot a burst fire at me... I have a problem with them walking around like rambo with a big ammo m60 just holding the trigger shooting at nothing at all.

Man...sounds like alien base assaults are tough...Do they reallly shoot like rambo at the walls and kill each other...??

Yea, I know of at least one that killed another alien in my first base mission. But besides that they typically just shoot up the walls. I wouldn't say that makes it any tougher, because base invasion walls can't be shot through... it just makes it a little bit more odd... and maybe more intimidating hearing all the gunfire going off when you first are getting started? I'm not sure.

There are several bug reports about crazy shooting in alien bases. I'm sure that's part of the problem. Also, the AI is not done, so that could also be part of the problem. I know they will shoot each other in the back trying to hit a Xenonaut. That doesn't seem to smart.

Well currently if you do something like an alien base mission, it's like a damn trench warfare except there are walls between everyone that can't be broken...
You should have seen my first terror mission where the aliens had plasma cannons and rifle BEFORE they fixed the alien sight range and extra TUs problems. It was like I imagine landing on Iwo Jima or something was like. There were shots coming in from everywhere constantly. I lost three guys one turn out of the Chinook and nearly every civilian on the map was dead by the end of turn two.

You should have seen my first terror mission where the aliens had plasma cannons and rifle BEFORE they fixed the alien sight range and extra TUs problems. It was like I imagine landing on Iwo Jima or something was like. There were shots coming in from everywhere constantly. I lost three guys one turn out of the Chinook and nearly every civilian on the map was dead by the end of turn two.

Good times. I used many saved games on those, but it was so damn satisfying finally winning. Especially vs androns using ballistic only. (I didn't realize how to get to lasers at the time).

I miss those missions where you'd have to scrape up nearly the entire squad to put into jiffy bags to send off to their relatives, because of the plasma casters. As svidangel said, those are the missions where you really do get some sense of achievement having got the victory.