Mouse hotspot seems off for me

Hi. I just tried my copy of Xenonauts for the first time tonight, and noted one odd little thing.

It seems that (at least on the Xenopedia) the mouse hotspot seemed off. I was clicking like crazy on some of the items in the Xenopendia contents menu, and sometimes the category would expand (reveal the subcatagories), but often it wouldn't... and then I seemed to only be able to go to one of the pages (after what appeared to be a long load).

Initially, I thought that maybe as a first run, the pages/database had to be assembled, so there would be a bit of a delay, but then I realized that the menus DID work... but I'd have to point below the text in order for it to select.

I was running at 1920, and haven't tried to see if this happens in any other resolutions.

I'll tinker with it some more when I have time, and let you know what I find. If there's anything you would need me to do, please let me know.

Cheers

Did you alt-tab at all?

I have the game set to be windowed same resolution as desktop 1920x1080, which is like fake full screen, but it doesn't care for me to tab out of the game.

I need to try the game without the windowed tick box see if the mouse behaves the same way after tabing out and back.

Where I find the offset is really noticeable is when trying to assign people to a craft on the dropdown list with the tiny text.

Tried it in non-windowed mode, same thing occurs.

The other thing I noticed is that when you tab back to the game, the little green icon you get for your base at the top, is just a grey square.

Reloading will fix that part of the UI, but the mouse issue only goes away by quitting and restarting the game.

I also tried running it in an actual window of 1280x720 on my desktop, and in this mode it will happily minimise and pop back up again without the UI redrawing issue, or the mouse offset.

The other thing I noticed is that despite everything being smaller as it running in a window, the actual physical size of the font on the soldier drop down assignment list is actually bigger and more readable.

I know they are working on some UI changes so it may be that these are non issues, but it probably still helpful to understand why they cropped up in this build.

*Edit*

I may have been wrong about it being physically smaller, it just doesn't scale like the other fonts.

720p ui

720ui.jpg

1080p ui

1080ui.jpg

720ui.jpg

720ui.jpg

720ui.jpg.a1db6628acfb32a2fa44d837a5120a

Edited by Operations

Same issue, found in windowed mode.

Note that my version is PRE STEAM

Edit

Tried again and now it seems ok.....

Edit 2

It happens when I move the window between my 2 monitors. The first is 1920x1200, the second 1600 x 900

Edited by Gam