Alter funds or solider stats in a saved game??

ultimaedge

I mean if you want to alter your savegame to alter the amount of money you currently have, you can't do it. But you can alter the items.xml file which controls the sell value of all items in the game. The best tool to use when altering items.xml is Excel (as it its formatted for a spreadsheet) but any text editor will do (I use notepad++). You cannot in any case alter the savegame files with a text editor - this was asked a while ago and the answer is they are encoded in a custom format which most of the devs don't dare touch because the lead coder has a specific preference for encoding savegames in the manner he/she has encoded them. Alien Alloys and Alenium are the only items you currently use when building something.

With CheatEngine you probably can change your budget on your savegame.

Had a look at it and the game is pretty easy to use with Cheat engine. Put in your 1,000,000 starting funds and you can pretty much see/edit your starting money right there.

The name of the file is items.xml and you can find it in the "assets" folder in your game directory. If you got the game via steam you should find it at [c/programs/steam/steamapps/common/xenonauts/assets]

I recommend to edit the file with notepad (or perhaps with MS Excel). Also make sure to create a backup. I tried to edit it with libreoffice calc (which usually handles .xml files just fine) and it crashed my game. Editing with notepad worked fine though.

Edited by Jazzkovsky

The name of the file is items.xml and you can find it in the "assets" folder in your game directory. If you got the game via steam you should find it at [c/programs/steam/steamapps/common/xenonauts/assets]

I recommend to edit the file with notepad (or perhaps with MS Excel). Also make sure to create a backup. I tried to edit it with libreoffice calc (which usually handles .xml files just fine) and it crashed my game. Editing with notepad worked fine though.

Great advice, many thanks, found it. cheers

You can also edit Soldier Stats in the Savegame. You need a Hex editor tho (i use Notepad++ with Hex editor Plugin).

For someone that never used a Hex Editor or doesn't know how to change Decimal into Hex Values it is probably a bit hard to get into.

With the hex Editor you can also edit the Ammount of Money, Alien Loot, Weapons, Armor etc.