Can the moraleDamage and loseAp variables be more generally available?

Max_Caine

I'd like to mod in gear that positively and negatively affects AP and Morale. I know the variables I mention in the title exist. I also know they aren't for general release (I can see why, as well). Would it be possible to make them available so humble modders such as myself can play about with them?

Ooo can the magical sparkles also be more widely available?

Oh and I second the original point of the thread.

Did you try copying the format from the psionic abilities max?

Add moraleDamage="50" or loseAP="50" to a weapon then shoot someone with it to see if it has an effect.

Probably do it on a weapon with no physical, suppression, or stun damage though so you know if it is working.

I wonder, Max, did you try setting it to a negative value by chance? Perhaps moraleDamage and loseAP don't work as we expect, and instead simply call up a change in AP/Morale, and you need a negative value to actually make the modification? I'm not familiar with where moraleDamage and loseAP are used in the game, so I can't readily check.

The values are associated with psychic powers (psionicpowers_gc.xml). According to the notes they deduct a percentage of the appropriate stat bar rather than a fixed figure, so when I tried them out as presented in the xml I wasn't that surprised when they didn't seem to work. That being said, I didn't try them as negative values. I shall have a fiddle..