Ground Combat UI improvements

If armour degredation is going to play a larger part in the game, can we have something on the UI which indicates when the armour is at 75%, 50% and 25% of strength? Perhaps in the backpack screen?

Agreed, if I wasn't reading the forums I'd have had no idea about that game component.

Could you please make it so that line-of-fire indicators don't stop when they reach a unit? Sometimes I'll have a guy in front who's blocking a shot, but I'm not sure that I can make the shot even if he moves. However, where I'm going to move the blocker depends on whether his support can shoot freely.

Very quick, but sort of like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2502[/ATTACH]

The bottom row added just to illustrate that the icons are distinct without colour differences - obviously colour blindness does not actually mean you see everything in grayscale.

Great! I'll be waiting patiently to see this in the next release. LOL!

for the CG inventory screen I wonder if we could make some thing snappier, for instance if you want to equip a soldier with anything but they don't have room in their backpacks for their held weapons, would be nice if what ever they were holding would fall on the ground directly.

Also if their backpack is full again and and you pickup something off a corpse to equip in their hands, their old held item would drop to the floor.

i have a hard time seeing the difference between the two upper left on the first row just saying :)

Was wondering how you would handle that one. I was more thinking a filled armor suit that became hollow as damage was taken. Basically a vertical bar, but in the shape of armor. Meh

Hi,

i m new to this forum. So far i am enjoying this game a lot so tumbs up for your very good work.

One minor suggestion i would have to ground combat would be the ability to increase the speed of the units movements and shots. It was possible in the OG to tweak the speed at which the soldiers/UFO moved but also the speed of the bullets.

Having two childs and a busy life i found my gaming time shrinking seriously :). So being able to increase the time i can spend on the game by making Soldiers move/shoot faster would be a very welcome addition.

Anyways thanks a lot for your work.

It's either morale or bravery. The icon's probably meant to be a white flag, but, um, well, it's blue. (;

As a minor aesthetic tweak, I'd think it'd look better if the movement path disappeared after I take an action. At the moment, I might click somewhere to see if I have enough TUs to move there after I take a shot. When I take the shot, the now outdated path data's still onscreen.

Also, I'd like it if the yellow/red alien icons - you know, the "alien isn't/is in sight of the selected unit" ones that appear on the right side of the screen - updated on movement. Right now, you have to manually refresh them by switching to another unit and then switching back.