Idea Weapon modification

Making weapons modifiable with diffrent items would be cool every item also having a drawback so the weapons are more unique suited for the situation.

Also it d be cool if you could add diffrent kinds of ammunition, like high powered sniper ammo which is more effective against armored but weaker against non armored units.

I d love to help creating a concept for weapon modification if it is appreciated id work out a concept

Ammunition types are sort of possible.

They can be created but at the moment the game will not display them.

The UI does not support multiple ammunition types in the base screen so will generally crash out if multiple ammo types are present.

In the new UI that is coming soon this may be resolved but we won't know until we see it.

Weapons are not designed to be modular so upgrades and modifications need to be created as a whole new weapon.

It has been covered before and I don't think anything has changed.

You could always have a play with the xml files though, you may come up with something that works.

Ammunition types are sort of possible.

They can be created but at the moment the game will not display them.

The UI does not support multiple ammunition types in the base screen so will generally crash out if multiple ammo types are present.

In the new UI that is coming soon this may be resolved but we won't know until we see it.

Weapons are not designed to be modular so upgrades and modifications need to be created as a whole new weapon.

It has been covered before and I don't think anything has changed.

You could always have a play with the xml files though, you may come up with something that works.

I was tinkering with the idea of adding more weapons.

On ammunition 'types' is it possible for research to upgrade an ammunition? Or are all the stats tied to the gun?

Ammunition types can be added that replace the existing ones.

The only stats that are affected are damage and armour mitigation at the moment although Chris was open to the idea of setting ammo count as well (plus you could make the projectile look different).

So you could currently make rounds with better armour penetration and/or higher damage that would replace the existing ammo when researched.

If the change is made you could also make an extended mag/high capacity cell.

Note that they would always replace the current version so you could not have them as options to be selected before a mission.

You could have a progressive upgrade system though.

Say for example:

Normal rounds > alien alloy rounds for better armour penetration > Alenium infused propellant for higher damage > extended mags due to lighter rounds

Normal laser cell > higher voltage cell provides better armour pen > higher current cell for better damage > high capacity cell from miniaturisation

Each tier should also retain the bonus of the tiers before otherwise there may be no reason to upgrade as you would not be able to downgrade again easily.

I am sure there are other better options, those are just off the top of my head.

Ammunition types can be added that replace the existing ones.

The only stats that are affected are damage and armour mitigation at the moment although Chris was open to the idea of setting ammo count as well (plus you could make the projectile look different).

So you could currently make rounds with better armour penetration and/or higher damage that would replace the existing ammo when researched.

If the change is made you could also make an extended mag/high capacity cell.

Note that they would always replace the current version so you could not have them as options to be selected before a mission.

You could have a progressive upgrade system though.

Say for example:

Normal rounds > alien alloy rounds for better armour penetration > Alenium infused propellant for higher damage > extended mags due to lighter rounds

Normal laser cell > higher voltage cell provides better armour pen > higher current cell for better damage > high capacity cell from miniaturisation

Each tier should also retain the bonus of the tiers before otherwise there may be no reason to upgrade as you would not be able to downgrade again easily.

I am sure there are other better options, those are just off the top of my head.

Was essentially my idea :)

Basically I was thinking Depleted Alienium rounds inbetween Plasma & Laser to upgrade the basic rifles.

Will defs look into it tonight :)

Cheers for the help!