Terrain fog of war and vision distance.

While there is certainly an argument for not knowing what is going on inside of buildings, or exactly where MOBs are on the battlefield, the terrain fog is a little off-kilter, especially given the incredibly short sight distance portrayed in the game.

I know, it's a game (and a small, indie) and all that, but it just strikes me as wrong for a game designed in the 21st Century. But even Firaxis' reboot of the original X-Com IP forgot that we have satellites and photo recon and all kinds of surveillance stuff. JA2 did a much better job, using full view of maps overlain with FoW sight templates.

My suggestion would be increasing the sight distance, but making it harder to spot enemies if they are not moving or in concealment. Implementing a mechanic like that might not be feasible at this stage of development, as it would be a substantial redesign. Something to think about for future expansions or newer versions.