Usability: Mission Timing/ETA

On high priority missions like terror missions, I do not see any way to easily judge the lighting conditions when I am going to land at the target site. If I dispatch a chopper, and it is dark when it arrives, if I redirect it to loiter and wait for dawn, the mission fails and a nuke goes off.

What is happening is that just before I launch a strike, I save the game, and if the strike team makes contact at dark, I just reload the game, delay the launch, and do it again until I land in daytime. (The night missions, absent night vision gear, are that annoying).

I'm not sure if there is already a way to give more information to allow better timing of launches before I click the Launch button.

I tend to wait until there is about equal distance between the [base -- mission], and [mission -- sunrise] before i launch, with the chopper taking so long to get anywhere .. I hate night missions, I cant see a thing, its not just dark its absolute black. I've not had a terror mission come up yet, but waiting 6-8 hours for me doesn't pose any problems with the missions vanishing, Maybe give that a shot first, see if it helps with getting a day mission.