What A Mess

I was expecting a lot more from this game when I donated to it on Kickstarter. I realize it's only beta but it's insane to claim it's 80% completed and that it only requires a few tweaks before it's done.

Where to start? There are numerous crashes, some while trying to save games and other just random ones. There are bugs: like being able to see through and walk through walls at certain points. There are the absurdly few tactical combat maps. In fact, terror missions seem to use the same map every time, which gets extremely BORING. Not to mention there's way too few objects for cover on each map. There are also issues with the UI, like what appears to be an unnecessary blank window on one of the screens(can't remember which one but it was something like the base's soldier screen or something). Oh, and let's not forget the crappy AI that puts the aliens in the same spots on every map and has them just stand around while they shoot soldiers using their x-ray vision from a mile away. Sorry but this thing isn't anywhere NEAR to being finished.

Jesus Christ how old are you? You chuck tanties better than my 4 y/o nephew. It's, beta, it's unfinished and it states it clearly on Steam. Your comments show an amazing lack of game industry knowledge, it is close to 80% finished. It functions in a coherent gaming format, which means all of the back code is done. Most of the art assets are in. The engine displays everything properly, the amount of crashes are minimal. Hell I've played fully realesed games with way more crashes and bugs.

Simply put you're wrong. I understand everyone has a right to an opinion, but stating that opinion like it's fact is ludicrous.

Have some bloody patience.

Steam states right up front in capital letters: Early Access Game

I've never gotten involved in a beta before, but I do know that a beta game is by definition, not completed. Duh!

Actually, I'm rather pleased to be a part of this in the hopes of nudging the developers to tweak thinks more to my liking. :)

I was expecting a lot more from this game when I donated to it on Kickstarter. I realize it's only beta but it's insane to claim it's 80% completed and that it only requires a few tweaks before it's done.

It's unfortunate your mother didn't take the same tack, notice that at 80% complete you were a disgusting, filthy mess and rid the world of your putrid ooze before you could make it out of her disease-ridden offal and bore us all with your entitled, idiotic whining.

DEAR MRS. BAM65, WE REJECT THE EARLY ACCESS TO YOUR RETARDED OFFSPRING, AND WOULD REQUEST A REFUND ON OUR PREORDER.

Edited by Festus McGee

I was expecting a lot more from this game when I donated to it on Kickstarter.

OhhHHHhhHHHHhhHHHHhhHHH!!!! He was EXPECTING MORE!!

You have to be FREAKING KIDDING ME. These guys are literally the first.... LITERALLY the first team to come up with a game that is anywhere close to X-COM and you expected more.

I realize it's only beta but it's insane to claim it's 80% completed and that it only requires a few tweaks before it's done.

In my experience it is 80% done.

Where to start?

By drinking a barrel of lye?

There are numerous crashes, some while trying to save games and other just random ones.

As an esteemed Kickstarter financer, as one of the privileged few, I hope you filled out bug reports for all of these!

There are bugs: like being able to see through and walk through walls at certain points. There are the absurdly few tactical combat maps.

There are more than X-COM? Or fewer? Answer carefully because this might be a trick question!

In fact, terror missions seem to use the same map every time, which gets extremely BORING.

Nurse. Nurse! bamgf65 is bored! Do something! Cut your own tongue out for our master's amusement!

Oh, and let's not forget the crappy AI that puts the aliens in the same spots on every map and has them just stand around while they shoot soldiers using their x-ray vision from a mile away. Sorry but this thing isn't anywhere NEAR to being finished.

You spoiled child. How dare you... how DARE you? To try to ruin the day of guys who are making history in such a snotty manner. That takes balls. For all the hard work they did, you didn't get exactly what you wanted when you wanted it. Boo hoo. I want you to take the nearest screwed-up cum rag, write "Kill yourself" on it with a black Sharpie and leave it near the screen. That way when you involuntarily go to use it against when you are at your lowest strength, maybe you'll follow the rag's advice. And wash your face.

It's unfortunate your mother didn't take the same tack, notice that at 80% complete you were a disgusting, filthy mess and rid the world of your putrid ooze before you could make it out of her disease-ridden offal and bore us all with your entitled, idiotic whining.

DEAR MRS. BAM65, WE REJECT THE EARLY ACCESS TO YOUR RETARDED OFFSPRING, AND WOULD REQUEST A REFUND ON OUR PREORDER.

Whoa whoa whoa! Chill, sir! Calm down.

He considers the game incomplete. He is entitled to that opinion.

As for the 80% thing, where did you hear that? We've only just entered BETA!

That reminds me, can anyone recommend a nice breakfast food? It should be weak, and mushy, and come to every brain-dead mealy-headed dope's defense anytime anyone with the slightest bit of sense tries to call them on their pathetic horseshit! Any ideas??

Also it should have an absurdly inflated sense of self-importance, and should consider itself the Good-Taste Police for everything else sitting at the breakfast table.

Also it should have no life and needs to go do something else, because this is just getting started.

Whoa whoa whoa! Chill, sir! Calm down.

He considers the game incomplete. He is entitled to that opinion.

As for the 80% thing, where did you hear that? We've only just entered BETA!

I admit that I could have shown a bit of restraint in some parts there. But here is the thing, this was the most fun I had with a computer game in years. I will now focus my efforts on POSITIVE contributions.

I heard the 80% thing from a news update on Penny Arcade. It was one of the news updates where they weren't trolling rape survivors, but they don't have a tag for that, so it could be a little difficult to find. :(

Dude, Festus, chill out. We try to keep these forums civil. Also, I fail to see how Comrade Commissar asking people to stop flaming is reason to pick a fight. If I somehow offend then I apologize, it's unintentional, but if you're looking to "start something" then please take it somewhere else. If you'd like to contribute to discussions with useful feedback, or even just mediocre feedback ( ;) ), however, then go ahead and do so.

Thanks!

No need for name calling. Though I think Festus McGee has just declared a blood feud against me...

Commissar, you've probably forgotten where we are. This isn't your cozy litttle friendly forum anymore. After the game went on steam, this place is part of the battlefield now. It's only the first troll outbreak in it's simpliest form, and where does your calm, steady, syrup mind going?

Let me see YOUR papers, then, COMRADE! In Mother Russia, 80% of completed game comes on a goddamn forum and bitches about YOU!

Ah, here we see the first example of the forum troll on these here forums. Please, continue to throw tantrums at us like a spoiled, prepubescent child. Do show us the error of our ways through your cheep, old, and infantile insults that carry no weight behind them.

At least you can utilize proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

This will be the last post of yours that I will ever dignify acknowledge and to respond to. I'm sure everyone else here will do the same.

Commissar, you've probably forgotten where we are. This isn't your cozy litttle friendly forum anymore. After the game went on steam, this place is part of the battlefield now. It's only the first troll outbreak in it's simpliest form, and where does your calm, steady, syrup mind going?

In the name of the God-Emperor, I intend to keep it like that for as long as possible.

Too bad I don't have mod powers to enact a 10-49... :P

Jesus Christ how old are you? You chuck tanties better than my 4 y/o nephew. It's, beta, it's unfinished and it states it clearly on Steam. Your comments show an amazing lack of game industry knowledge, it is close to 80% finished. It functions in a coherent gaming format, which means all of the back code is done. Most of the art assets are in. The engine displays everything properly, the amount of crashes are minimal. Hell I've played fully realesed games with way more crashes and bugs.

Simply put you're wrong. I understand everyone has a right to an opinion, but stating that opinion like it's fact is ludicrous.

Have some bloody patience.

I'm old enough to know that YOU'RE wrong. From what I saw on Steam the developers made it sound like it was a lot closer to being done and that was my biggest reason for this post. If it's still in early beta then don't say it's 80% done or that it's only a few tweaks away from being done.

First of all it's not a whine just because you don't agree with what I posted. Second of all, what kind of psycho are you to respond like that? Totally outrageous and unnecessary. Good to know this game has assholes like this to defend it's honor.

By drinking a barrel of lye?

Another psychotic response.

You spoiled child. How dare you... how DARE you? To try to ruin the day of guys who are making history in such a snotty manner. That takes balls. For all the hard work they did, you didn't get exactly what you wanted when you wanted it. Boo hoo. I want you to take the nearest screwed-up cum rag, write "Kill yourself" on it with a black Sharpie and leave it near the screen. That way when you involuntarily go to use it against when you are at your lowest strength, maybe you'll follow the rag's advice. And wash your face.

Making history? By basically remaking X-Com? I applaud their efforts but it's hardly a groundbreaking achievement. As far as the other crap you wrote, get help.

Are these really the kinds of supporters this game has to speak on it's behalf? If anybody's acting like a four year old it's these posters that I quoted. Some of you need to grow the hell up. Talk to somebody like that in real life and not hiding behind a computer might get your ass kicked, and with the attitudes you have you would deserve it. Afterward you might even learn to respect people that voice their opinions in good faith. It's funny how if somebody posts something that certain immature morons don't like or agree with they get called a troll or get attacked. Again, my only issue was the comments I saw that made it sound like this game was farther along than it was, not so much the state it's in right now. If there's still a ways to go then say that. I just would have thought that some of the more major issues like the crashes and bugs would have been worked out by now.

By the way, on any other message board I have ever been to the kinds of responses above would have been cause for banning. That kind of behavior should be unacceptable.

Yes, this thread did get a bit out of control.

@OP - I'm sorry you don't like the game, and I apologise for some of the responses you received. I don't agree with your assessment of the game but that's no excuse for the level of abuse you were given.

@Everyone - chill, please. People can express their opinions of the game, even if they are derogatory.