Some Usability Suggestions

Because this is my first post I want to start with saying that you guys do an amazing job. I am an X-Com fan of the first hour. I played X-Com Enemy Unknown and liked if for its dense atmosphere, but it was tweaked to have too few strategic depth. Thank you for doing a remake with all of the traditional features like multiple bases and so on.

Here are some usability suggestions, I stumbled on during my first games (unordered):

* Base - Soldier Equipment: show carrying capacity in KG and not only a red bar, when its too much. I want to know how many KGs of equiment I need to remove.

* Base - Soldier Equipment - Weapon Details: on 1920x1080 the font is too small .. make it bigger ... maybe double it.

* Base - Stores: show sell value per unit without need to select one unit to sell to see its price.

* Base - Navigation Button-Bar: seperate Geoscape button or make it distinguent from the other buttons. After all you navigate "up" to an overview of all bases.

* Base - Build Structure: make structure rotatable. There is no sense in preventing to build a structure just because of its orientation.

* Geoscape: show how much a new base will cost instead of just saying "insufficient funds". Maybe on the button itself.

* Tactical: Make the maps rotatable. 90°-steps would be completely sufficient.

* Geoscape: Make button for a screen with the last funding information available, so I dont have to wait till next month.

The tactical maps probably won't be rotatable, just saying. I'm guessing that the reason you'd like this is to see behind walls and things that you can't see behind otherwise?

A transparency aura around your mouse, either constant or hotkey-activated, would alleviate this problem, I'd say.

Thanks for the feedback. As others have said, it's not possible to rotate the battlefield because it's not 3D. We are also working on a new UI for the strategic layer which will hopefully address most of your points for the final game!