For the ammo used by higher-tech weapons (lasers and plasma - I'm assuming that's all there is, don't correct me if I'm wrong. :) ) - does ammo use up alenium? In the deployment screen there's infinite ammo, but some of the xenopedia entries hint that they do. The alenium research talks about managing it carefully, and I believe the laser weaponry research says something about recharging it at the base with alenium. With the lack of tooltips anywhere (especially with production costs) it's hard to tell where all of my stocks are going.

I really don't like the idea of needing to worry about running out of alenium just because I want to shoot my weapons.

Thank the gods! Err, I mean, developers. This is beautiful and makes me happy. Though I have lots of alenium and not enough allien alloys. Is there a way to make your own? Or does "fabrication" just mean making stuff with it?

Probably just means the ammo packs are rechargeable...something tells me Xenonauts outsourced the work to Apple or something...