Precision Laser Wrong Ammo count

Even weirder, if the ammo count in weapons.xml is lower than the one set in weapons_gc.xml, the weapon will have the lower amount upon starting combat, but reloads will have the right amount.

I know this due to having done it :P

Even weirder, if the ammo count in weapons.xml is lower than the one set in weapons_gc.xml, the weapon will have the lower amount upon starting combat, but reloads will have the right amount.

your doing better than me I cant reload any laser weapons at all.

I've reloaded laser sniper rifle - still 4 shots. I've also checked other guns - every balistic weapon I think has different number in geoscope and in combat mission.

However in inventory screen it says 6/6 after inventory reload but when going back to battle screen it goes to 4/4 and back in inventory it is 4/6

Edited by silencer

The combat reload will have the right amount for ground combat. What I meant was having a weapon with 16 ammo in ground combat, but 12 in geoscape. Reloading in combat will have 16 ammo, though it will start combat with 12.

Though that is interesting, the equip screen must use Geoscape info.

Doesn't your file still have it as 4 and not 6 though?

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">weapon.laserprecision</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/laser/laserprecision</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/laser/laserprecision</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">laser</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Boolean">1</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">50</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">28</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">4</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">125</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">7.5</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">5</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo.laser.lasercell</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="Number">20</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="16"><Data ss:Type="String">Lasers</Data></Cell>  </Row>

Not the easiest XML file to read, but from what I see at the top I believe the 8th field down is the clip size?

Its meant to be 4. Changing it to 6 would require changing weapons_gc.xml. I just fixed it so that the ammo count in the inventory and equip screens is the same as the ground combat.

You can just over-write the file.

Just open it in Excel

Don't have Excel, but handy to know this particular file formats better in a spreadsheet.

Its meant to be 4. Changing it to 6 would require changing weapons_gc.xml. I just fixed it so that the ammo count in the inventory and equip screens is the same as the ground combat.

I think they were after having it mechanically fixed to be the same as what was displayed, rather than having the visual number lowered.

Either way 4 seems like too large a drop down from the 10 of a basic precision rifle.

Don't have Excel, but handy to know this particular file formats better in a spreadsheet.

I think they were after having it mechanically fixed to be the same as what was displayed, rather than having the visual number lowered.

Either way 4 seems like too large a drop down from the 10 of a basic precision rifle.

I manage...Just bring alot of ammo with you.

It should be fixed in the next release. The ammo count is listed in 2 xml files. During the balancing it was changed in only one of them.

If you are really into modding and you are impatient here you go, change the numbers here:

weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml