v 18 STABLE 30/5/2013 - Neverending Hidden Movement

Beats me what alien did it - surely there were Sebilians, Reaper and Zombie. You can load the save and check who does the "thump" sound :P

I'm guessing it is the noise of Sebilian.

Oh and the repeating Terror Mission invitation is back - I mean sometimes after Terror Attack I get few more invitations until the game decides to clear the UFO I guess. But after loading again a save it doesn't happen so I guess it occurs when you save a game during combat, quit the game and come back after time.

Got this problem as well, although I don't get any odd sounds, just the never-ending hidden movement. The music keeps playing and the cursor still moves so the game isn't frozen, but it seems like the AI isn't making any moves so it just stays at the hidden movement screen forever.

Steam edition, if that matters.

Save file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/67m9aq460geia41/2013-06-04_12.57.25.sav

On a related note, is there any way to edit a save file to, for example, kill all the aliens so it ends the mission? Or to edit it any way so that this mission will end this turn?

Hi, just wanted to post I also have this problem a lot with xenonauts. After messing around trying to bypass it, the issue seems to be one with the AI when its out of sight. If I can see them, then the game wont freeze during the alien turn. If I had to guess I would say something to do with its defensive posture was the cause, but Im no expert.

I had this issue during an alien base assault so its not civilians alone that are causing it. In that game I ended up bypassing the freezing by running all my units around like madmen tyring to get LOS on ones I suspected of causing the freeze. It worked eventually after a lot of trial and error.

I have an easy to replicate version of this bug.

1. Open Soldier Inventory Screen

2. Press T to end turn

Hidden Movement comes up and never goes away after doing that.

Game isn't locked up as I have a big pointer on the screen which can move about and can make clicking noises with.

Escape doesn't do anything. neither does pressing T again to try and get a proper end to an alien turn.

Same here. Volume was muted so I don't know if this was anything sound related. Iron man save during a terror mission.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oq6iqylzm6xcgdm

I managed to "cure" my game by attaching a disassembler to the game and at some point inverting the zero flag register. I might be able to do it for other savegames if people want me to.

EDIT: It will get stuck on the next turn if the conditions for the bug are still there...

EDIT: The infinite loop occurring in my savegame is related to this (debug message repeated indefinitely):

FOR Target: AI character 7, (34,9)

Target: Friendly AI 14 :: 1.481979

Target: Friendly AI 14 :: 1.534532

Target: Friendly AI 14 :: 1.713291

Edited by BeornBlackclaw

Hi good day,

Just registered to say , it happens the same to me with the infinite movement screen.

I am in a terror mission in "el cairo" and after some turns i get infinite mov screen.

It happened to me maybe in the 3rd turn, but after reloading the autosave was able to bypass it until i got it again maybe 3 or 2 turns later and wasnt able to bypass it.

i have steam version.

I managed to "cure" my game by attaching a disassembler to the game and at some point inverting the zero flag register. I might be able to do it for other savegames if people want me to.

EDIT: It will get stuck on the next turn if the conditions for the bug are still there...

EDIT: The infinite loop occurring in my savegame is related to this (debug message repeated indefinitely):

Hi. Do it for me pls. http://www.mediafire.com/download/t3...7_02.26.32.sav

Happened to me last on on my first terror mission. I had almost cleared the map without any casualties and I had the (I think last) alien so screwed in a building that he spent eternity taking his turn trying to figure out what to do.

The game never actually stopped responding, I could alt tab just fine, it simply never left the hidden movement screen.

For me, there were no sounds looping.

Just got the same bug with my Iron man game :(

If you can cure my save game too it will be great.

Link to the save game

Thank you.

No sound looping in my case.

BeornBlackclaw: A big thank you I've added all the information to the bug in the bug tracker, also a big thanks for you for finding the cure for save games :)

I don't really cure the savegame I just break the infinite loop in the code. Otherwise I'd make a tool for people to do it themselves.

I'm sorry but that link is invalid.

@Zellruhn: your savegame is on the geoscape. Either you uploaded the wrong savegame or it's a different bug altogether...

Edited by BeornBlackclaw

Wrong save game my apologies :S

Link

This one is the good one.

Thanks again for your help.

Fixed

It's just a guess but it seems to me the bug might be related to Reapers being offscreen...

I set a filedrop up on my mediafire account.

Upload files there if you want me to try to fix them (infinite hidden movement only!).

EDIT: Please put your forum username in the filename and the game version if known.

Edited by BeornBlackclaw