[18.51 HF3 Steam Ground Combat] Snipers can't shoot from higher area

Ok, i don't know if it's a bug or if it's not implemented yet. The thing is, i moved my sniper to the roof of a building in a desert mission, hoping that he could make better shots from there, but he always missed, always. I know that maybe i just a unlucky guy, but missing 5 shots at a 70% chance is too much.

I tried shooting at the same level the sniper was (third), which made him hit the wind, and tried clicking in his weapon (to enter the "shooting mode") and then clicked to go to the first floor, where i could target the sebilian, but despite the high chance to hit, always missed.

Oh, there was ONE time that i hitted (i think that was a hit) a shot from higher ground (same situation, shooting at the first floor), but the game crashed soon as the bullet reached the sebilian.

(English is not my native language, so forgive me for anything strange)

XENONAUTS 18-51 BUG.jpg

I can confirm that a crash happens if you shoot from the second floor through a window. My sniper was there and shot a sebilian on the middle-east map and the game froze (a lot of hdd activity) and then crashed.

XENONAUTS 18-51 BUG.jpg

577e7cb0ef0b1_XENONAUTS18-51BUG.jpg.772c

Edited by xcom

I'm not seeing high miss percentages, in fact it seems effective in defeating the low cover, but I have just CTD'd 3 times shooting from a rooftop down onto an alien in cover (behind a wide rock thing). Steam version.

In case it makes a difference it was a BVR aimed 50TU shot using another unit as a spotter. Definitely a hit but crashes out instead of killing the alien.

On the desert map with the army base.

Edited by mostevil