Pre-order from 2011 and still nothing? Can I can a Steam key at least?

Hey there, I'm not a regular on the forums obviously, I've sort of just been waiting for a release for this game. I pre-ordered it back in 2011, for the $30 premium, after my legacy order was changed over. I still have my receipt from Paypal and can provide it if necessary.

I never received a key for Desura (although I don't really use it) even though I was promised that I would get one via email, and apparently the only way to get a Steam key is if you already have a Desura key. Which I don't have.

I'm just wondering if I can actually, you know, get the game somehow, considering I paid for it years ago and still don't have a way to access it.

Edited by Yazman

If you've not claimed a Desura key then you'll be sent a Steam key direct on Monday or Tuesday. However, it'll be sent to the same email address as the Desura one was - which will be the paypal email address you used to pay us with back in the day.

Also, forum badges only come via Desura (unless I gave you it manually), but you have one. Can you please try the current method first?

I actually only just made a Desura account today, since I've never actually used it before. http://www.desura.com/members/arilax This is my account. I would try the current method but I can't, since I don't have Xenonauts on my account (as you can see). Same email address I paid with.

Happy to send you my proof of purchase if you like.

Edited by Yazman

That's really odd, I guess you must have got the badge from the Paypal pre-order legacy claim process then. That'd make sense.

Anyways, if you've not claimed your Desura key then you'll be getting a Steam key via the Humble Store on Monday / Tuesday, as you'll be on our list of non-activated keys. So it should all resolve itself shortly.

Looks like I am in the same boat. Preordered 5/10/2011. Never received a key. Went to desura and there is no key available to me there. No email as of yet. Still have the original email with my paypal verification number for payment recieved. Hopefully, I will get an email in the next few days with my key. Looks like the people with the longest time for the preorders are not getting the keys.

Is this going to cover people who bought the game waaaaaaaaaay back on paypal? Just checked my records, bought Septembet 2011(!) so I understand there was some issues with paypal following that. Is there anything special I need to do or just wait for the keys to go out between now and Tuesday?

Hi Chris,

Sorry to be a bother but it is tuesday and still no email with a cd key. Have tried Desura website and no key for me there. Any suggestion how I can get my key? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried this

If you have not activated your key on Desura, or have additional non-claimed keys (~20% of people):

1) Go to https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

2) Type in your email address linked with Xenonauts. This may not be your main email address - it may be the email linked to the Paypal account you bought it with, or the email linked to your Desura / Kickstarter account. If there are several possibilities, try them all.

3) You will receive an email in that inbox with a copy of your Humble Store download link. Click the link.

4) Look at the "Xenonauts" Steam Key section on the landing page, and click the button.

5) Load Steam and go to Games > Activate A Product On Steam in the topbar

6) Copy the key into Steam

I only just noticed that it had been linked to the humble store even though I never bought it from there, and now have my steam key, and Xenonauts tied to my humble account.

Hey, I had to do the same thing as Rambodoc since it didn't send me an email either.

Glad to have Xenonauts access now :D YES!

**edit** Well what do you know, I just received the Desura key in email then.

Edited by Yazman