Steam Keys - How To Claim!

Any of you got problems with downloading the beta from Steam? I am trying to download the Mac version with the Steam key from Desura but it does not even start downloading... :-/

I think it was said earlier in the thread that the mac and Linux versions aren't there yet but will be in a couple of days.

@ xanoxt, I would guess the save files are located in different places. find the desura/xenonauts/saves files and copy them to steam/commonapps/xenonauts/saves or something similar.

OT: how do we opt-in to the experimental builds? Usually under properties there is a Betas tab you can look under and say yes to Betas but that tab doesn't exist for me. Is it just not enabled yet?

Nope, that was the first thing I checked. Apparently the save format changed a bit, so it doesn't see them. I tried to do comparison, but unfortunately making a save visible makes the game crash, since the difference is more then the file header. :-\

Do I have to register with Desura to get my Steam key?

I have an original pre-order (back from before the two price brackets and the Paypal kerfuffle), as well as two Kickstarter keys.

I have yet to try and make use of any of those keys, but it might finally be time to get my copy of the game and pass my other two keys along to the people I've promised them to.

Edit -

Never mind:

(and we'll also be getting in contact with those who have not claimed their Desura key to explain how they can get a key)
Edited by Sable Wyvern

Any of you got problems with downloading the beta from Steam? I am trying to download the Mac version with the Steam key from Desura but it does not even start downloading... :-/

Yeah, I had a similar problem. In Steam, when I click the "play" radio button a screen pops up and states, "Failed to start game (missing executable)". I am running the Mac version.

This is the normal version, they're all the same. If I remember correctly, you can download the v18 Stable (the main playable build) off of Desura and Steam. The v19 Experimental (the main testing build) isn't up yet, but will be on Steam only.

The Stable builds will be available for Windows/Mac/Linux, whereas the Experimental builds will be Windows only, due to the fact that it would take a prohibitively large amount of work/time/bandwidth to port each and every version.

OK - you can now grab your Steam keys if you've got a Desura account. To claim and activate your Steam key:

1) Go to https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys

2) Log into your Desura account

3) Click the "Request Key" button next to Xenonauts

4) Load Steam and go to Games > Activate A Product On Steam in the topbar

5) Copy the key into Steam

The above steps are also viewable in picture form here: http://www.xenonauts.com/images/claimguide.jpg

There will be an instructional email containing this text going out to everyone with a Desura account shortly (and we'll also be getting in contact with those who have not claimed their Desura key to explain how they can get a key), but you guys can jump the queue in the meantime!

Step 6: Uninstall Desura!

• Chris unpinned this topic