Anachronisms in the game's lore/backstory

I realize the game is meant to be something of an alternate reality Cold War, so historical accuracy isn't essential, but there are some major issues with the whole Iceland Incident story. The two main ones are the existence of ICBMs (not explicitly stated, but very strongly inferred multiple times) and Cuba being under Communist control. Cuba was still embroiled in civil war in 1958, Castro didn't gain control until 1959. Similarly, the first test fires of ICBMs took place in 1957 and 1958, but there were no fully functional ones until 1959, and there were nowhere near enough for "MAD" until a few years after that.

That said, I suppose the biggest issue I have with how it's all told is tone. It feels like it is describing the Cold War in the 60's or 70's in the way the Russians are viewed and interacted with. The Cold War was still very much in its infancy, and many of the concepts and ideas that later came to represent the period didn't exist by 1958.

Anyways, just my thoughts on the matter. Keep up the great work on the game!

Mmmm. The Iceland Incident background story has basically no effect at all on the game, it's just a bit of flavour for the website. What you're saying may be historically accurate, but it's something I wrote in an evening and really I should be concentrating on design and the in-game writing.

The actual novella of the Iceland Incident has been meticulously researched though, I believe.

Mmmm. The Iceland Incident background story has basically no effect at all on the game, it's just a bit of flavour for the website. What you're saying may be historically accurate, but it's something I wrote in an evening and really I should be concentrating on design and the in-game writing.

The actual novella of the Iceland Incident has been meticulously researched though, I believe.

You rushed the LORE !!!

then again i wrote my first 15,000 word dissertation in 48 hours... :D

Yeah, I don't think it's a terribly big deal, I'm just anal about accuracy, figured I might as well point it out.