Build V18.51 Hotfix 3 Released!

@solver points have been turned down, they probably haven't rebalanced the ratings to accomodate that fact.

I noticed a build or two ago that you had disabled the basic training or whatever it was that let pvts get up to cpl or so. Why did this change, and is it going to change back? I liked it for when I lost a couple guys on a mission gone south

Scores have been reduced, because only just recently have the scores actually had an impact on your end-month income. So the scores are lower now to prevent people from getting too much money.

Although the rating system (the word attached to your score) is pretty useless. Since the main source of score is aline kills/captures, your score pretty much increases linearly with enemy ship size. So you'll always (or nearly always) be "average" when clearing a Light Scout.

I don't know why other people have been reporting that basic training is gone. It's still there, you know. However, the text box just has #### now rather than an actual. Still costs 10k per soldier, still takes 10 days, and they still promote to Corporal (+skill points? Dunno about that) at the end.

BUGS:

Heavy Fighters will still chain-attack planes.

Alien Bases have really weird lighting and LOS stuff. Hard to describe. (Although I will say: It really felt like I was attacking an ALIEN base. I could practically hear the enemy commander saying "You're on my turf now, son...") Also during that alien base attack there were a few times that I shot doors closed. As in the door was open, took a few bullets, and sealed shut. Only way I could open them again was with more bullets.

Suppression does not appear to properly remove 1/2 of alien TUs. It does remove 1/2 of human TUs, though. (This bug has probably been around for a while, but nobody saw it because until recently the AI had bigger TU bugs)

Crashes on occasion at the beginning of terror missions. Does not corrupt iron man save. Although it was consistently crashing at once specific terror site, redirecting to the landed UFO worked fine.

Some tiles are inappropriately transparent to bullets and walking. Some of the large (4x4ish) pillars on desert maps do this, and the Shrike walls on some maps do this.

All the above bugs and comments are from the Steam release, which seems to be 18.51HF3.

This is a step forward. Alien AI *mostly* works. That said, the suppression mechanic seems to have gone wonky. You manage to get a bullet, any bullet, anywhere near an alien and he is suppressed. Useful, but I can't imagine that is working as intended.

I am experiencing a problem where if I shoot the alien from outside of its range of sight, that it just sits in place. I take a lot of long shots, and when the alien cant see me they have a tendency to just hunker down in one place. I can keep shooting from far away and they just keep sitting there. However, if I get close they will open fire at me.

Now, after a couple of Sessions I would like to give some Feedback as well.

First of all, it was not possible for me to Play without ending up in either a Loop for the KI in Ground Combat or a Crash when starting one....... After a few Hours of Play, These things occur. There are also Planes with negative Fuel-Values, as soon as you touch them the game Crashes...... and of course the Balance is just not existing. I Play Easy and go bancrupt almost instantly, which means afters 2 or 3 Months, because the Waves of UFOs are so big and anumerous that I cant build my stuff so fast.... beside the fact that they outnumber me, they are also much stronger than my tech is that time.....

In Ground Combat I just recognize a big LOS-Problem, where the shoot at me through Walls, and also if they cant shoot me through the wall, they will shoot at me because they see me, but cant hurt me....

Something I dont like as well is the fact that the Aliens are almost alway in the "Black-Zone" when my soldiers see them... I dont see them. I have to check every Square with my mouse until I get the Target-Indicator, or move until the fog of war is removed....

I stoped playing it now, because of another Savegame where the game crashes when Combat starts, but as soon as there is a new hotfix out, I will try.

I am experiencing a problem where if I shoot the alien from outside of its range of sight, that it just sits in place. I take a lot of long shots, and when the alien cant see me they have a tendency to just hunker down in one place. I can keep shooting from far away and they just keep sitting there. However, if I get close they will open fire at me.

To me this sounds like sensible behaviour on the aliens part. If you can't see where the bullets are coming from it isn't a good idea to be running around in the open.

I played over the weekend with Steam release and latest hotfix, some things i've noticed:

Cant get the Buzzard suit to work, no matter what. Someone mentioned it only works of some occasions, but for me it wont at all :(

In the beginning of the game, had a couple crashes assigning the Hunter to the dropship, but after that, all was fine.

Aliens can definitely see through some walls, and they will try shooting through them. It wouldn't really bother me, if it didnt mean my solders will probably get sprayed from across the map.

Some walls and concrete barricades can be walked through by soldiers. Also recall one specific building on a terror mission in Russia (top left supermarket), all windows could be walked through. And they were not broken.

Sebillians seem to see a little better then its advertised. On a night terror mission, one of them critters was spotting my soldiers from over 10 squares away, and 2 others were spraying my soldiers from 20-25 squares away. Took me quite a few suicides and reloads to make sure there wasn't other critter closer then that one.

On a night mission, spotting an alien and moving back from spotting range will make it vanish from sight. Is this a feature?