Build V18.51 Hotfix 3 Released!

Had another crash. Well, technically a hang that I had to ctrl-alt-del to force quit the game. When I tried to replace a dead squaddie in a dropship that had not yet returned from it's mission (actually it did two missions in a row before RTB, in case that matters) and then went to the Dropships screen to look at the unit layout, it hung when I tried to return to the globe map.

So you may put the game up on steam tomorrow. I would like to download it to my steam account. How is this going to work for those of us who have pre-orders? Will you email us the keys or should we download it from Desura and then add it to our steam games list?

Or perhaps it will already show in our steam library for us to download as a the user names is usually the same as the users email address.

Edited by windex

I dunno... are you sure that Desura's trustworthy enough to send out Steam keys? I mean, they barely manage to perform services that are part of their platform, let alone services that help people switch away from Desura.

I kid.

Hopefully.

Slightly strange things for me - starting a new game with the hotfix, my first two missions are "local forces shot down a UFO". This is before I see a single UFO on radar. Also, these missions where it was "shot down by locals" seem to be interpreted as landings - there's actually an undamaged UFO sitting on the map.

I have played v18.51 HF3 about 3-4 hours ( 1 month of Xenonasuts time) and no single crash (saves tested very often). This version is very playable. During play time I have discovered only small bugs, insignificant graphics or engine bugs. Thanks very much for this HotFix.:)

Solver - the whole point of those two missions is to make sure the player gets at least two missions in the first two weeks, which allows us to keep UFO spawns completely random. There's a danger a player can completely fall behind in research terms otherwise, as if they're unlucky with spawns they won't get any alien artifacts at all until 3-4 weeks into the game.

Solver - the whole point of those two missions is to make sure the player gets at least two missions in the first two weeks, which allows us to keep UFO spawns completely random. There's a danger a player can completely fall behind in research terms otherwise, as if they're unlucky with spawns they won't get any alien artifacts at all until 3-4 weeks into the game.

Then I assume UFO spawns have also been considerably decreased? At least it feels that way. Previously I'd get 2-3 missions in the first few days by shooting down UFOs in radar range, now my first UFO in radar range showed up after about a week. So it looks like the frequency has slowed down, though it is probably a good thing.

@Solver - that sounds about right, yeah.

@everyone - Steam keys have been received, so I'll chat through the process with the Desura guys tomorrow and make sure the email they send out has all the info in it. So hopefully keys will be out to everyone in the next 24 hours.

Oh cr@p, my ironman save got corrupted somehow and crashes on load.

Just before the end of month 2, and everything was going so smooth :'(

Had a couple of crashes/hangs when trying to initiate ground combat @ corvette crash sites before that btw

Edited by Stinkspray

On the wall issue. One unit was next to the wall (at the edge looking around).

The unit that the alien killed was hidden behind the wall but was not on a adjacent square.

Sounds like one unit next to the wall could make the wall transparent.

So I've got to trust that Desura will have my key and send it to me in a few days after the launch.

We'll see how that goes :confused:

I buy lots of games on Desura so I've had a few Steam keys from them after games have been added to Steam without issue. There's no reasons this should be hard for them.

Though they've all added them to your Desura CD Key page rather than emailing them like I understand the plan is here. Though one game did email me to tell me it was on my CD Key page so they clearly have the capability to email everyone getting a Steam key. :)

I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this has been asked already and I missed it. Has this Hotfix been applied to the Steam version I'm downloading as I type this? Or should I apply this to that version after it finishes?

Also, great work getting these out. I'm sure things are hectic as hell with the team right now pushing out all these versions and updates and making it work on Mac and Linux as well. :D