Projectiles images replacement test

lightgemini

Probably go the lazy way and make a simple replacement like the ballistic or plasma shot, and leave fancy things for later. What im sure is it will not have any glow since theres no reason for it to have it. Will try a longitudinal fade effect in hopes it gives sense of great speed.

As a bonus current tank plasma may get a new optional shot, more in the lines of shiny ball of plasma that explodes on contact.

Never hit MAG weapons in game either but are suposed to be classic railguns, so a magnetized solid projectile accelerated using electromagnet rails in same way as plasma, that reaches far more velocity than what gunpowder projectiles could ever do. Like 2300 m/s a bullet could achieve versus 24000 m/s railgun bullets can achieve. Thats why MAG weps use hypervelocity effect in game.

Such a projectile has no "energy" as laser or plasma, and are not tracers like bullets can be, so for now theres no glow. It would look silly to me imho.

That would require editing animation sprites, wich I want to do in a future to add flash to shots. For the plasma trail of the projectile that fades away shortly it may be done, with fading glow too but it requires more work and me getting familiar with how shot animations work.

I just wanted to say I really love this mod. The ballistic shots look amazing. I haven't really played long enough to get the best weapons in the game so I can't talk about all the other stuff, but the ballistics are great.

There was a folder in your zip file that my version doesn't have. I can't remember which one it was, but I think it was plasma heavy or something.

De todas maneras, muchas gracias por ese magnifico mod. Saludos.

V19 Stable doesnt cause any issues with the mod, you can use it. If you had it installed before you dont even need to do anything, it will keep working as before.

The new folder called Heavyplasma is to add a shot image for the tank plasma wep. Vanilla game has new folder for tank laser and tank MAG but somehow it doesnt have one for tank plasma (they forgot?) and this last uses stock plasma rifle shots. You need to use "vehicleweapons_gc.xml" for it to work as it links tank plasma to this new folder instead of to normal plasma folder.

• 9 months later...

I'm 95% certain that this won't work with the game. At the very least, there's been some significant changes to the weapon balance since the mod was posted and so I imagine that, even if it works at all, the weapon stats would need updating.