Has anyone felt the business end of alien psychic powers?

In v18.3hf2 I got to taste the "D" power, think that's the name at least, from re starting a large alien base mission I noticed the strength of the effect seemed to be random, but yeah it was nasty. and there was MC attacks too, very bad with the new AI :P

Before that point in the game it was mild at best, i got attacked several times, sometimes twice in the same round but wasn't sure if my soldier was affected, I think that once you are hit and fail the role, you get a little bubble text or something saying something but i could never read it before it disappeared.

I met once that threat. During assault on alien base. There was a lot of that blue guys with teleport. It was really annoying because they were porting into my back but luckly they did not backstabing me:D But searching that and guarding that points where they used to teleport into was really weird. And it was hard to realize wich alien have that mind control. Because after cleaning base I discovered a

additional room (on the north of complex) where was a huge number of aliens. But they were politely waiting for me crossing doors. (that

is the choice between capturing or destroying base?)

So the mind control should show which alien took control.

It's always great if there's a notification whether the attack succeeded or failed. Perhaps a floating text saying "Succeeded!" or "Failed!" depending on what happened?

I would prefer a status icon on the portrait and on the character on the main screen like next to his head.

Back when the final mission was on the start menu, I took a peek. Practically everyone in the squad was immediately affected by the environment. But 1 or 2 were mind controlled. They went to work trying to kill their colleagues.

It worked pretty much the way it should. I was painfully aware of which soldiers had been mind controlled as I couldn't use them.