Forum Migration & Rollback

After our ongoing troubles with the forum over the past few days, we've decided to bin Dreamhost and move to a new server. As such, the forums will be inaccessible for some people over the next 24 hours as the DNS propagates and also we've rolled back the forums to where they were about 24 hours ago. Sorry if you've lost data, but this needed to be done as we can't risk having instability when we launch on Steam. Hopefully we won't need to do any more of it.

Thanks to Solver, who helped with the migration and is currently providing our webhosting! We have more control over things that we did with Dreamhost, so that can only be a good thing.

Hopefully the new setup holds steady! I wasn't able to access the forums a little bit ago, but they seem faster now. Not sure if this is just one of Dreamhost's better moments or if I'm already on the new forum. Either way, hopefully it stays this quick!

Welcome everyone!

If you're accessing the forum now, it means you're on the new forum and not on Dreamhost anymore. The new forums may not yet be accessible everywhere in the world, but the hosting change has already propagated quite widely as evidenced by the people being here. Almost everyone should be able to access the forums within the next few hours, and it will be working for everyone tomorrow.

Please do report speed or other issues.

Finally we have some good speed! :) Managing post attachments is still broken, I've been wanting to delete the attachment from my mod post for ages.;)

Did you try going into your forum settings at the top, then into attachments on the left bar?

You can see the attachments you have made, select and delete them from there.

Might get rid of that annoying one completely for you.

Did you try going into your forum settings at the top, then into attachments on the left bar?

You can see the attachments you have made, select and delete them from there.

Might get rid of that annoying one completely for you.

Didn't think of that, cheers!

I'm happy to report that, as we approach 24 hours of the forum being hosted here, the server hasn't had any slowdowns, and the forum is consuming a negligibly small amount of resources.

The attachments are indeed still broken and I've made sure it's not a plugin-caused problem, nor is it a forum style problem, nor a server-side setting messing with them. I will investigate that further though it is an unexpected issue.

EDIT: If anyone experiences the forum redirecting to another forum, please do not be concerned. It means I momentarily did something wrong with the settings and will return things to normal within minutes.

Edited by Solver