Build V18.51 Hotfix 1 Released!

This is just a hotfix for the issue where the AI can see through walls if they are placed on non-visible tiles, including their UFO walls.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/V18.51_Hotfix1.rar

Just update the .exe file. It shouldn't invalidate save files or anything like that, but if it causes any weird behaviour please report it in this thread instead of in the main bug forums. I don't want to confuse everything.

Seems to be working. Ground combat is really hard now.

Bug: When I lost the ground combat, the game crashed after the soldier development screen.

Edit: When I win a ground combat, everything works. (Sibellian at night is EZ compared to Caesan at day)

Edited by janprusak

There's also a sound issue for me. Maybe unrelated to hotfix. I can turn the sound effects down in the options but they are only turned down on the players turn. Aliens shooting on their turn is still loud despite having sound effects turned down. If I turn them almost all the way down then they turn down during alien turn as well, but they are almost nonexistent during player turn at that point.

Started new game with hotfix, 4 missions till first scout (not light scout)and no crashes. Tried save/load in geospace and battlescape and got no problems, all fine.

1 minor issue. One of my female soldiers had invisible face and hands both on combat and in soldier arming screen. Not a big issue, she was probably too ugly to see and was auto censored.

Note: AI Works cool now, no more Wall banging and it plays agressive now. Rush-played missions and in scout misión lost 3/4 of my squad so quick it almost scared me. Caesans with rifles = you better dont fool around.

Edited by lightgemini

CTD after loosing ground combat confirmed! (wast't intentional wipe btw, 2 lizard riflemen just happened to wtfpwn my entire squad rofl)

PS: I suggest renaming the Lizardman from whatever its called to Lizardman for the sake of clarity. :D

Edited by Stinkspray

It's Sebillian. Say it with me.

Se-Bill-Ian.

One more time: Sebillian.

Why? Because we don't call them "Graymen," "Birdmen," "Robomen," or "HOLYSHITTELEPORTINGTHINGman."

(Although I have a marked tendency to call them "Sebilisians" being as EverQuest brought us a city called Sebilis with lizard people living in it who were called Sebilisians.)

The ones with plasma rifles? They've been able to survive a direct hit for a couple builds. Stun damage of frag rockets might have been reduced though, which would reduce the 'lethality' of them.

Even the ones with pistols. Normal first mission sebs. No armor or anything. Usually a direct hit from a frag rocket would take one down (as in kill it, not stun). Now they take that plus some. I could see them surviving if they had some armor or they were the ones you hit later with blue shirts and plasma rifles, but these are the seb civis I think.

I have also had a few CTD's, once trying to just delete an auto save. Another when my dropship was on the way back from a mission. Even though 15.5 had some issues, I didn't get any CTDS. They seem minor though. Not happening much.

You cannot one shot kill a Sebillian with a basic rocket in the face atm : Rocket does 60 damage with no armor penetration, Sebillians have 60 HPs, 15 in all armors, which leads to a maximum (random -10/+10%) of 66 damage reduced by 15 from the armor to 51 max damage.

You would need an AP Rocket (120 Damage, 60 Armor pen) but it is not an AE effect (single tile target)

i did made an earlier post about that but it got eaten by evil forum :P

About the CTD's I had. I now think that might not have been the game (at least for mine). After restarting my system and clearing the cache from the programs I had open before, Xenonauts hasn't crashed on me once now and I've been playing all morning. I also tried recreating my save/load crashing and couldn't.

@Sathra Yeah, I just realized I didn't mean the lizards/sebs. I meant the Caesans. The normal humanoid enemies, not the lizards. I could one shot them with a normal rocket before and I can't now. The Seb balance seems good. My bad.

You cannot one shot kill a Sebillian with a basic rocket in the face atm : Rocket does 60 damage with no armor penetration, Sebillians have 60 HPs, 15 in all armors, which leads to a maximum (random -10/+10%) of 66 damage reduced by 15 from the armor to 51 max damage.

You would need an AP Rocket (120 Damage, 60 Armor pen) but it is not an AE effect (single tile target)

i did made an earlier post about that but it got eaten by evil forum :P

Yeap, see above..oops. I meant the Caesans. A rocket to the face could kill one of them before and can't now.

They should, but not always (data from aiprops.xml file).

basic Caesans have 45 HPs and 10 Armor, so a minimum random roll on rocket damage could result in a 54 damage reduced to 44 after Armor, 1 HP left, "w da f" some say :P

The next rank (Guards) have 50 HPs & 20 Armor and cannot be killed with a basic frag rocket in da face !

You know, I lost a mission and DIDN'T get a CTD.

Things about this mission that may help in tracking the bug:

It was a terror mission, not UFO assault.

I quit out and reloaded a couple times from an Ironman save.

Has anyone else had/not had mission-lost crashes with one or both of those conditions?