Steam Early Access Release Date - 31st May

Yeah, me too I'd like a key to add to my steam account.

Yes, me also. I have never had a Desura account and haven't seen a build since, well a long time ago. It locked up my PC so I decided to wait until it was further along. Looking forward to seeing this.

Just pre-ordered the game on Desura. I wanted to wait until the Steam release, but I couldn't. I have a question (it might be a stupid question that was answered already): once the game is released on steam, how will I be able to play the game on Steam (which I prefer) and not Desura? And how do I get a "standard pre-order" forum badge since I pre-ordered on Desura already?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb and have already been answered.

You will be given a Steam key for the game, once it's released on that platform.

Here's where you can learn how to claim the badge.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge%21

Some advice, there is a search box at the upper right of the page, it can be very helpful for finding topics and answering questions in the future. Just some friendly advice. ;)

You will be given a Steam key for the game, once it's released on that platform.

Here's where you can learn how to claim the badge.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/145-How-to-claim-your-Pre-Order-forum-badge%21

Some advice, there is a search box at the upper right of the page, it can be very helpful for finding topics and answering questions in the future. Just some friendly advice. ;)

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to get the forum badge w/o connecting to Desura? I don't want to install yet another client on my PC (especially one I'll never use) just to get a forum badge.

As soon as I can. It looks like it'll be after we go live, but I doubt it'll be more than a day or two. I'm still not fully familiar with the Steam backend, as it is pretty complex in parts.... heretically, I almost wish we were still using Desura!

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to get the forum badge w/o connecting to Desura? I don't want to install yet another client on my PC (especially one I'll never use) just to get a forum badge.

You can get the badge without installing Desura. Connecting your account doesn't require installing the client.

Edited by Dranak

As soon as I can. It looks like it'll be after we go live, but I doubt it'll be more than a day or two. I'm still not fully familiar with the Steam backend, as it is pretty complex in parts.... heretically, I almost wish we were still using Desura!

Thats a shame :/ Then again I guess I got enough to play so that I can wait a couple extra days

You can get the badge without installing Desura. Connecting your account doesn't require installing the client.

I'm getting this message:

"It appears you do not have a copy of Xenonauts on your ls35a account. You can purchase a copy of Xenonauts for your account, via the links on the right.

Once you have activated a copy via Desura, you will be able to return here and send your account details to the official developers. Thanks for your support."

Well this is a problem. Yes, I pre-ordered and paid for this. I have all my emails from Amazon and kickstarter, I paid the 20 bucks. But I don't have a key anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Edited by ls35a

I am a member of another forum and I believe that the board members will be happy to hear that Xenonauts will be on Steam.

I hopes of being as accurate as possible, how should I relay this news? Would is be correct to say that the beta of Xenonauts will be available on Steam on 5/31/2013? Will it be a paid beta? Will they have to pay for it on Desura first (like I did) or can they buy (and gain access to the beta) it on Steam, which would function as their pre-order?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sean
pat=/=pay

I've just got V18.52 HF3 running on Steam and it seems everything is going to plan so far, though I'm still not sure how to get the keys required.

I'll write a bigger post later with all the details about what is happening, so perhaps hold your fire for a day or two, Sean...but in short you'll be able to buy it directly on Steam and it'll still be a paid beta like on Desura.

You will have been sent a Desura key to the Kickstarter email address. You need to use that to add Xenonauts to your Desura account first!

I have an email which reads:

"Thanks for backing our project on Kickstarter! This key will give you access to the pre-order builds for Xenonauts until the game is released, at which point you'll be given the choice of whether you would prefer a key for a different service (Steam, Gamersgate etc)."

But there IS NO KEY IN THAT EMAIL.

So how do I get a key?

I'll write a bigger post later with all the details about what is happening, so perhaps hold your fire for a day or two, Sean...but in short you'll be able to buy it directly on Steam and it'll still be a paid beta like on Desura.

Sounds good. I'll wait for the post and I will link to it.

Thanks.

I have an email which reads:

"Thanks for backing our project on Kickstarter! This key will give you access to the pre-order builds for Xenonauts until the game is released, at which point you'll be given the choice of whether you would prefer a key for a different service (Steam, Gamersgate etc)."

But there IS NO KEY IN THAT EMAIL.

So how do I get a key?

There's usually a text link reading "Xenonauts" that you click on towards the bottom of the email.