XCOM Heavy Cannon goes Xenonauts

lightgemini

Hi I present you the new Heavy Cannon for exclusive xenonauts use, based on the original XCOM Heavy Cannon.

The Little mod comes with the following features:

-New weapon image (placeholder actually till I get something better).

-New shot sound.

- 2 Ammos: HE and AP rounds.

-Balanced to be middle ground between small arms and rocket launcher.

-Full descriptions and text labels.

-Unlimited from the start of game.

- 100% awesome.

It uses the particle beam set of animations since it resembles closely what a soldier with this weapon would look like.

The ammo system may look weird but the other way around was to make different weapons for each diferent ammo.

It Works like a rocket launcher with each ammo ítem being 1 single round but with a reload cost of 5TU, to represent it being clip fed, belt fed or whatever. Operating the weapon with a friendly xenonaut being close helps simulate it being reloaded by an assistant gunner. If said friendly xenonaut happens to be so cool to also carry extra rounds for the cannon then you have a nice crew served weapon simulation :P

I plan on making this weapon resercheable after initial alien invasión research, manufacturable , and with unlimited ammo.

UPDATE

Animations were missing, this update fixes it and adds 2 more types of ammo. This will be last update, this mod has now evolved into am expanding pack of weapons.Any further development will be added to the new pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upl7rvgneeyceju/Heavy%20cannon.zip

Hope you all enjoy it :D

Edited by lightgemini