Too many female soldiers

I was introduced to this game through steam early access and I love it, but I registered here just to ask if we could get a slider like Wintermist suggested. That way, if you feel so inclined as to have 100% females you could be catered to and those of us who find it jarring to have female infantry on the battlefield could turn it off without diving into modding the game files.

Thanks!

I find it kind of fitting

we are fighting an unkown alien force that is much stronger then us so we have to trow every able bodied person at them bet i men or women be it 20 years old or 50 years old

It kind of fits the humans "zerg rushing" the aliens and trieng to overwhelm them in whatever posible way

so 40% female is ok it does not bother me at all

As i understood it, the XCOM (or whatever you want to call it) is an elite organization and not the volkssturm of the human race. Imagine how few (if any) female soldiers you find even in nowadays special forces and you can get an idea of how many you would find in a game that tries to create a believeable fictional scenario in the 1970s/80s. Tends pretty much to zero. And that's what i personally think are two of the strongest points that set this game apart from all the other XCOM homage remakes. It's style & immersion when it tries to be retro and believeable.

Yet in honor of the original game and it's female soldiers, they should be included. Still i would strongly support the idea of a slider who's basically set at 20% to keep the immersion while using the existing graphics and still grant people the possibility to adjust it to their taste. Currently people have to search for through the internet and forums for hours to find this backdoor and some might even not try that and feel annoyed, because they didn't even know that theres a possibility to change that manually.