Too many female soldiers

Honestly, I don't care what my squad is composed of, so long as they pull their own weight and kill hostiles. If they're a woman, then good for them. I couldn't care less.

However, you are right, there would be a lot less woman, especially for the era the game is set in.

My suggestion was to change this value by default for everybody and not just for me to keep me happy.

That's some selfish statement.

Though i agree gender percent is inaccurate for 1960-70s, but first of all it should be fun, second it should be accurate. We are living in XXI and most of the people are ok with it. Plus you have a free will to dismiss/hire whoever you want.

No, it's not realistic for the time period. Yes, it should stay as is as 1) it's rightfully more inclusive and 2) X-com was nicely inclusive to the point that's I really noticed the absence of female soldiers in earlier builds. As mentioned, there's an easy mod to alter it.

Lots of previous posts on this one

Honestly, I don't care what my squad is composed of

GizmoGomez began to regret his words on the third day of trying to shape his group of oatmeal breakfast sachets into an effective fighting force.

I think there's not enough females! We should set it to 90%. I know it sounds unrealistic, but hear me out here... chicks in bikinis battling aliens! Now I know they're wearing armorial over it, but that just leaves more to the imagination!

More seriously though, I like it where it is. Yes, there's slightly more than realistic, but having men and women in the field adds more to the war stories and diversifies the faces available, both of which are important to me.

GizmoGomez began to regret his words on the third day of trying to shape his group of oatmeal breakfast sachets into an effective fighting force.

You'd be surprised how resilient to plasma burns oatmeal can be. They last around two, three hits each without taking too much damage. After that, though, they're mostly useless; off to the supermarket for more.

it's not the aliens you really have to worry about. It's certain beret wearing breakfast that might construe the appearance of highly trained oatmeal sachets as a territorial threat. That the sachets are on the same side? Well, I'd like to introduce you to the widows of a few X-Com casualties...

I'd always assumed that sentient oatmeal combat sachets reproduce asexually. This is often witnessed by people who drop oatmeal in the kitchen. What seems like a small amount of waste seems much larger upon cleaning it up and shows survival instinct by getting into every available nook.

In Oatmeal society, this is known as The Great Spilling and is the signal of their reproductive phase.

On a serious note, the %s won't be changing. They would be 50% except we have a lot more male than female portraits, largely because a lot of the custom portrait people who agreed to have their portraits added to the pool are almost exclusively male.

So this is why I never heard about the black women who served in Vietnam. They were all secretly recruited to XCom and hidden from media exposure.

Hahaha, that makes me laugh way too much.

Seriously, though, it should just be left the way it is, I'd say. Maybe add more female portraits if there's time, just to have more diversity, but I'm fine with the ratio how it is.

I'd always assumed that sentient oatmeal combat sachets reproduce asexually. This is often witnessed by people who drop oatmeal in the kitchen. What seems like a small amount of waste seems much larger upon cleaning it up and shows survival instinct by getting into every available nook.

In Oatmeal society, this is known as The Great Spilling and is the signal of their reproductive phase.

'Course...this was before they were all recruited and then martyred in the great Oven Breach of M40.952...

I find it kind of fitting

we are fighting an unkown alien force that is much stronger then us so we have to trow every able bodied person at them bet i men or women be it 20 years old or 50 years old

It kind of fits the humans "zerg rushing" the aliens and trieng to overwhelm them in whatever posible way

so 40% female is ok it does not bother me at all

'Course...this was before they were all recruited and then martyred in the great Oven Breach of M40.952...

I heard a rumour from a grizzled old drunk, that the recruiting officer itself may have survived. I wonder what happened to him...

Glad to see %s staying the same.