Ridiculously unoptimized movements

I'm not sure if this was brought before, but the pathfinding is lacking even for simple movements. It seems the pathfinding IA does not take change of direction into account, often resulting in a few action points lost on nearly every movement.

In this example, the default path is to first change direction, then move one tile, then change direction again to move. One action point could have been saved by advancing in the red tile first, then change direction, then advance to the destination.

Sans titre.jpg

It may not look much, but simply avoiding an obstacle often end in 2 or 3 lost points. And this happens to nearly every movement.

By the way, the game seems to break windows'screenshot management when in fullscreen and non native resolution. I had to switch to windowed mode. Thankfully, the standard ALT-Enter shortcut works in this game.

Sans titre.jpg

577e7cb0920db_Sanstitre.jpg.7aeeeea595ea

• 2 weeks later...

I shouldn't have made a screenshot… This flaw appear anywhere, even on a flat, bare land. Just check it: orient a character diagonally and try to make a knight move (like in chess) in the corresponding position, and there you are. And, yes, in the screenshot, the tile I colored in red is, of course, passable.

Edrin is correct. The alternative, of course, is to manually do the "best move".

I find it kind of strange that altering facing consumes so much TU. I mean 4 TU to squat/stand, 1 to look 45 degrees to the left or right?

No wonder I get so tired at work. Strange I'm not more fit, though.

Edrin is correct. The alternative, of course, is to manually do the "best move".

I find it kind of strange that altering facing consumes so much TU. I mean 4 TU to squat/stand, 1 to look 45 degrees to the left or right?

No wonder I get so tired at work. Strange I'm not more fit, though.

Jeez I wish, I have a swivel chair at work, talk about massive movement for no effort!

I have noticed that the pathing AI is a little woeful and that turning is a massive drain on your TU, honestly I feel it should be free.