[v18.5] Efficiancy of Quickslots

Yeah unless you have both hand holding something, like dual weilding a pistol in each hands. Its not like you can't hold your assault rifle in your left hand while you pick a grenade and threw it with minimal efficiency loss. You only need to free one hand, not two.

Then again, not sure if its the same story with heavy weapons. Prolly bit less so but still so.

Anyhow, i dont think this is really a "bug" thing. Should be more in feature discussion.

Yeah i dont know about sniper but LMGs are heavy, lol. It could be a good fix that the penalty is only for "heavy" weapons and having otherwise 1 item in both hand already :)

Like having a combat shield + a pistol would definitively be troublesome to use a grenade but shotgun/rifle not really.

I dont know if the value for grenade TU penalty is hardcoded but if its a by weapon thing in the xml, this would make of a excellent and easy balance mod :)

Edit: Oh and to be able to do this for shit and giggles :

Thats what i call supressive fire!

Edited by Virosa

I think the cost is in the config.xml file. You really need 2 hands to prime a grenade IRL, and the quickslot has a downside to make up for being so much easier. You can throw a grenade without going into inventory or, importantly, unequipping your gun. Minor point I know, but it might be important sometimes.

Dual-wielding probably won't make it into the game. There was a huge discussion about it on the old forums, and it wouldn't really add much since the only weapons that could do it would be pistols, and shotguns/carbines would be more effective than dual pistols.

You know, I've always wondered why the military wouldn't have some sort of "grenade hook" as part of their combat uniform. Something firmly attached to the armor that one could easily slip a grenade's ring over and pull to prime one-handed. (Added benefit: Holds your car keys between battles.)

TBH, the 10 extra TUs to throw a grenade with a two-handed weapon probably represents the slinging and unslinging of your weapon. For balance reasons that should probably be toned down, possibly to 5 TUs? It should be less than the whole cost of dropping/picking up a weapon (but it might be interesting if it was set up so completely dropping your gun for a turn would save TUs if you wanted to throw like three grenades at once).