Crash Problems...

So anyone got these crash problems I'm getting?I remember in v 13...v 14 and so on...Even in V 18.4 I would get this strange triple combat music when I'm in combat with my three fighters vs 3 of the aliens fighters.Basically what would happen is...Battle start,triple music starts,combat goes normal after that...Crash...Anyone know anything about this...

Also with the v 18.5 I'm getting another problem...Like I was excited to try out this v for the white tile glitch...but.

I loaded the game...I did ready my units up... bought what I needed then went Into my first mission.Everything went allright about half of the mission I think.Didn't encounter any bugs...Then all of the sudden...POP.CTD.

I was like Ok...I'll just load up the game up again and load the mission from the start.Everything went like it originally did...including the crash...After that I didn't load up the game till yet...And I'm not sure if I want to load it up if this thing is gonna keep popping up...I mean I don't to save the game every minute just to be sure I don't lose progress...

Are you getting the version from Desura or from the standalone files? The biggest issues at the moment are linked to combat shields and stun grenades, so if you avoid using those then the build should be quite stable. Except, of course, that the aliens aren't shooting at you.

Once we've sorted out the AI bug, V18.51 should be released which is essentially just a big stability update for V18.5.

Standalones...And no I haven't touched the sunt grenades and the shields...I mean it was my first mission on this build.

Also since you took your time to respond to me...mind if I ask you couple of questions?

Is the stun rocket in...and what happend to the incendiary one?Last time in v 18.3 I researched stun tech and I didn't get it.

Also why are not soviet weapons available to equip or something...I mean they look awesome...Even if you don't equip them...You could maybe buy them from some sort of black market....

Thx for your time Chris.

Also looking forword at v18.51.Maybe that could be the finale steam candidate

Edited by MisterLock

Stun rockets are in now. You can rename the soviet weapon images in the files and replace the normal weapon images. They'll still look like they're using the NATO weapons on the world map though.

Or you can mod them in.

Misterlock, if there weren't any constructive responses by now, there are unlikely to be any, no matter how often you bump the thread because people just can't help you. The most effective way to get the bugs you've encountered solved is to log the bugs on the Bug Report forum, preferably with a savegame (using dropbox or other service) that the tester, Matthew, can use to reproduce the bug.

So anyone got these crash problems I'm getting?I remember in v 13...v 14 and so on...Even in V 18.4 I would get this strange triple combat music when I'm in combat with my three fighters vs 3 of the aliens fighters.Basically what would happen is...Battle start,triple music starts,combat goes normal after that...Crash...Anyone know anything about this...

Also with the v 18.5 I'm getting another problem...Like I was excited to try out this v for the white tile glitch...but.

I loaded the game...I did ready my units up... bought what I needed then went Into my first mission.Everything went allright about half of the mission I think.Didn't encounter any bugs...Then all of the sudden...POP.CTD.

I was like Ok...I'll just load up the game up again and load the mission from the start.Everything went like it originally did...including the crash...After that I didn't load up the game till yet...And I'm not sure if I want to load it up if this thing is gonna keep popping up...I mean I don't to save the game every minute just to be sure I don't lose progress...

FYI- You'll have all sorts of crashes if you try to use a save that was made in a different version of the game. The save HAS TO be made by the same version of the game you are currently running. From your description it sort of sounds like you might be trying to use a previous version save.

My main cause of crashing is from trying to load saves. Unfortunately this is fairly common. Unable to get much farther then 2 months before having to just start over again, as once I crash from a save all the older saves seem unstable then as well.