V18.5 AI Hotfix (Unofficial Semi-Fix)

Seems the AI is a bit broken in V18.5 (there's a bug in the game where the aliens can't see your units, so they won't shoot at you).

This will be addressed in V18.51 shortly along with a number of other issues, but in the meantime you can download an updated .exe below and have aliens shooting at you again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/AI_Hotfix.zip

Two things to note:

1) Please don't report bugs from this build. It's not an official release, it's just to tide everyone over until V18.51 in a couple of days.

2) The Version number says V17.9 on it. Ignore it.

3) The AI is still bugged. The aliens currently see your troops wherever they may be, but are unaware about intervening objects. So they'll stand where they are and "mine" their way through props and walls to reach their targets.

We're working on fixing this up and we'll release V18.51 when it is working correctly. But at least they're aware the Xenonauts exist now.

Actually, yes, I'm going to update my original post. There is another bug in play now.

The aliens currently see your troops wherever they may be, but are unaware about intervening objects. So they'll stand where they are and "mine" their way through props and walls to reach their targets. We're working on fixing this up. But at least they're aware the Xenonauts exist now.

actually this is quite unplayable now with AI Hotfix because on open maps (such as Farm), AI is shooting at me from quite long distances even at night. So I am not able to see them because of darkness but they see me well

actually this is quite unplayable now with AI Hotfix because on open maps (such as Farm), AI is shooting at me from quite long distances even at night. So I am not able to see them because of darkness but they see me well

Yeah, I stopped playing too.

Something odd to report with the hotfix. I saved the previous 18.5 exe in a different place (as it seemed to be playing fine for me). I dropped in the exe from the hotfix and continued the game from last night where I had saved mid-battle. I finish my turn and hit end turn and the mission ends with the remaining aliens "Getting Away".

I quit the game and reverted to the exe from 18.5. Reloaded the game and continued the same saved game in mid-battle. Finished my turn and the aliens on the map are still there and fighting and not getting away.

Has anyone else had a mid-mission saved game go like this with the hotfix exe? Also, how come the aliens in my game seem to be shooting at me (and seeing me to shoot me) just fine?

Also, my Desura still says Xenonauts is stuck at %100-Updating. When I launch the game it says it's playing 18.5 (unless I put the hotfix back in of course). Also when I tried to download the standalone version and unpack and run it, it wouldn't launch and was missing a lot of files that were in the Desura installed version which I think might have something to do with it telling me Xenonauts wasn't a Win32 app when I tried to launch the standalone.

Any clues what's going on with any of these?

How come the aliens were shooting at me before? I never noticed the bug of them not shooting at me. Current saved game I have 2 troopers in the hospital even, from being shot at (and hit) by aliens.

Aliens would shoot at your troops with reaction shots only. They would never target your troops during their action phase. Once I figured it out would suppress one then run troops right up to them. During their turn would just crouch and never shoot. If you moved next turn they would then shoot you.

Great job on getting out a hotfix, made all the difference in the world. Hopefully can fix them seeing you all the time shortly, but between the two options I will gladly take this.

Aliens would shoot at your troops with reaction shots only. They would never target your troops during their action phase. Once I figured it out would suppress one then run troops right up to them. During their turn would just crouch and never shoot. If you moved next turn they would then shoot you.

Great job on getting out a hotfix, made all the difference in the world. Hopefully can fix them seeing you all the time shortly, but between the two options I will gladly take this.

Much appreciated :) . I was just playing and decided to test before I saw your reply. It's exactly like that. They will see and target my troopers but only if it's one who has triggered the aliens reaction fire. If it's one who came into LOS after the aliens used their LOS the trooper is invisible to them. As long as they had a clear LOS on a NPC they would take that shot and ignore any troopers they didn't first spot with their reaction fire.

I'll put the hotfix back in and just deal with the 3 aliens getting away when I end the combat turn. No biggy, and I'd much rather have the aliens shooting at me from the get-go. With my play style I never even noticed them not shooting at me because when they did it was always because I did set off reaction fire. I noticed them running blindly into my firing line but I figured they were just out of TU's or something by the time they got there.

Indeed Chris and the team have been Rocking out the patches, updates, and content too. They're really on their game. Go Team Go!! :)