Chris - Problem with Goldhawk website/forums, timeouts.

Chris - The last month or two I've had a lot of problems with time outs trying to access the website. It appears to be intermittent, but regular. I'm pretty sure it is something in the Goldhawk or Goldhawk ISP side as the problem has occurred on multiple computers and multiple ISP's on my end. I just thought I'd make you aware. I don't know your infrastructure, but one place to consider is heavy remote access to the server that does your website during work hours. The problem seems to be the worst in the morning here in the Pacific time zone. That's about seven or eight hours behind you guys in England.

Edited by StellarRat

Probably more concurrent users now that the beta candidate has been announced? There's a lot of database calls for logged in users vs. being able to cache a more traditional "page". IIRC the site is on shared hosting, which it really shouldn't be at this point.

Yeah, after the process dies it'll start up fast before it kicks back up again.

This forum basically needs to be hosted on a VPS (linode, amazon, rackspace). Shouldn't have to be super expensive (~$20-30/mo), but I think we're outgrowing shared hosting.