Xenonauts configuration files

Aaron

Funny enough I was sifting through the files and a small lightbulb went off just before I read your post and thought maybe as I've changed all the entrys to armour.jackal.alloy it's looking for armour.jackal.alloy images. I copied over a folder into a new soldier images folder in my mod directory and renamed it and bam it worked, so it works for male and female troops. Now to get them working and test for ground combat. Along with corpses and such. Time to get some troopers killed.

I have a feeling by the time I actually get a point where I'm not asking a billion questions you guys are gonna be sick to the back teeth with me. :D

Edited by Ajaxial

Funny enough I was sifting through the files and a small lightbulb went off just before I read your post and thought maybe as I've changed all the entrys to armour.jackal.alloy it's looking for armour.jackal.alloy images. I copied over a folder into a new soldier images folder in my mod directory and renamed it and bam it worked, so it works for male and female troops. Now to get them working and test for ground combat. Along with corpses and such. Time to get some troopers killed.

I have a feeling by the time I actually get a point where I'm not asking a billion questions you guys are gonna be sick to the back teeth with me. :D

Heh.. i did same to them :).. Kabill's mods are well made and in order. He got weapon, armour and many more mods and they are so parted, you can check whatever you want and take as example of them. After simple facts, there is not much complex at editing items..

It is incredibly handy having his mods to hand to sift through for working examples and inspiration of work.

I'm still trying to get the hang of making corpses of troopers wearing alloy jackal armour appear in the inv of troops during ground combat and also making them appear to be holding weapons in ground combat. When they are stood still or crouched they appear to not hold any weapons, same as when they fire, however upon movement they seem to be holding weapons.

I have so many ideas that I want to implement into the game. It's just my lack of skills and current understanding of the file system that are currently holding me back. It's funny, coding entirely new smart terrains and ai schemes for the stalker game series proved less challenging than this. I guess it's just the initial stage of getting my bearings as the saying goes.

Hopefully I can get the hang of sprites also in the somewhat distant future so I can actually make custom sprites and such for armours etc so I can actually make full on mods. :)

Again thank you all for the help so far guys. It's truly appreciated. :)

First of all download compatibility version from the steam betas. This version got every file not compressed, so open to use.

At all armour folders at units got weapon folders and there is sprites/xml files and "soldier_spectre" file. For example you made jackal alloy armour, which use same sprites with jackal armour. You need to put only "soldier_spectre" to the weapon folder for your new armour.. so soldier_spectre will just link that sprites to that weapon. Just be sure that soldier_spectre got right folder path coded if you link it from a mod. If soldier_spectre is from default game, you dont need to about that.. Just copy it to your new armour/weapon..

I bought my version through GOG. And downloaded the CE from the Release Announcements subforums here.

I tried playing around with the units folder and it made no difference perhaps I did something wrong? I copied entire folder however and renamed, which did strike me as odd as it made it 160mb mod then. Which is...crazy. I'm not quite sure what you mean however but I'll have a good dig in the files.

-Edit-

Scratch that. I was just being really stupid with the aircraft question so I'll delete it as I figured that out now. :P

Edited by Ajaxial

Well with the help of you fellows. I've got the basics of my mod set out. And I'm slowly getting the hang of the file system. Very basics anyway. I've got two custom aircraft laid out with their own Xenopedia entries, research trees and requirements and all tied in together nicely etc etc (Although they still need their own little image edits but I'll figure that out someday) and I got some armour that works aside from a few little hiccups as noted above in ground combat that I still need to figure out. (I'm afraid I didn't quite grasp what you meant meant Drages, sorry. :( )

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've got a problem. I've tried getting rid of the most annoying psionic attacks but something seems to override what I change in psionicpowers.xml. I've checked all my mods (some maps packs, the community edition and instant grenades) and nothing seems to override the same values so I'm really at a loss why my changes are not working. I set power to 0, range to 1 and AP cost to 900 and still aliens spam me with the most powerful control spells. Any help please? I'm really frustrated. Using the steam version.

Funny, tried deleting mind control and berzerk from airprops and that does not work neither. Seems like hiatus is the most available solution right now.

Edited by Necro_Man_Ser

Are you editing the right file? There's probably another psionicpowers.xml file in /mods/xce/ which will override the original one.

Update, I checked again and overlooked the psionicpowers.xml in the xce folder because I assumed balances will be made in the designated balance folder. So yeah, the xce folder was overriding my changes. Many thanks for the help!

Edited by Necro_Man_Ser

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I tried to change the female spawn ratio in the gameconfig.xml but dosnt seem to have any effect. I'm using community edition, so i tried in the gameconfig.xml from the xce folder too. Nothing, no effect. How can change it in this case?

Thanks in advance

Where did soldier max stats go? I found a post I made eons ago about it being in config.xml, but I can't find it there anymore. I seem to recall that HP is capped at 99, and I'd like to bump it up to 100 (for OCD reasons lol). But I can't figure out where to do that.

Hello. I tried to change the female spawn ratio in the gameconfig.xml but dosnt seem to have any effect. I'm using community edition, so i tried in the gameconfig.xml from the xce folder too. Nothing, no effect. How can change it in this case?

Thanks in advance

Some mods may have their gameconfig.xml set with higher priority.

Have a look through the mods for gameconfig.xml:

xenonauts/assets/mods/[mod name]/gameconfig.xml.

There were ones in 'xce settings' and 'XNT' folders in my case.

soldier max stats are in gameconfig I think

I found it...it was in gameconfig. I was looking for it in a different format for some reason. It's tacked onto the development lines as 'globalMaxProgress'.

Out of curiosity, soldiers continue to level stats even after they hit max rank, correct? So if I was to do something silly like set the MaxProgess to 5000 for everything, my soldiers would just continue to level their stats essentially forever, right? I'm not going to do that, there would seriously be no fun in running around with immortal super-soldiers lol. Just curious.

• 5 weeks later...