Xenonauts configuration files

Aaron

Hi everyone!

I'd like to disable the ability of MindControl, if possible.

In the file psionicpowers_gc.xml I see the following option:

<MindControl ap="40" anim="particles/psionic/psionic" sound="PsionicPower" messageDuration="2.0" strengthModifier="1.0" range="8" />

To what values I have to change these settings in order to not let the aliens to use the Mind Control option?

Thanks for your help and for the great game.

Also, in gameconfig.xml in <!-- SOLDIER DEVELOPMENT VARIABLES --> section there are some settings for the progress speed of the soldiers. I'd like to make them to progress faster by getting the values of "Time Units", "Strength" and "Accuracy" increased more than it's now after the combat.

These are the settings for Time Units, for example:

<APProgress pointsToProgress="250" maxPointsInSingleBattle="500" globalMaxProgress="98" comment="A progress point is earned every time a soldier spends a TU on a mission" />

Shell I increase or decrease these values?

Thanks!

In answer to your second post. Some you want increase, some you want to decrease.

Increase

maxPointsInSingleBattle

Decrease

pointsToProgress

maxPointsInSingleBattle determines how many advancement points a solider can earn in a single battle. pointsToProgress indicates how many advancement points are needed before a stat is advanced post-battle.

Hi everyone!

I'd like to disable the ability of MindControl, if possible.

In the file psionicpowers_gc.xml I see the following option:

<MindControl ap="40" anim="particles/psionic/psionic" sound="PsionicPower" messageDuration="2.0" strengthModifier="1.0" range="8" />

To what values I have to change these settings in order to not let the aliens to use the Mind Control option?

Thanks for your help and for the great game.

I think setting the AP cost to something huge (say, 500) is sufficient. Or reduce the strength modifier to 0.

2Max_Caine and kabill

Thanks so much guys, looks like it's working!

I have another question: If I want to arm Mig-31 and Marauder with 4 rockets instead of 2, how will I do this?

I put in aircrafts.xml airplane.human.mig31 in "HeavyWeapons" column 4 instead of 2, however in the game Mig still has only 2 rockets.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so I have two questions:

1: Is it possible to keep track of Xenonaut air combat activity for a region (i.e. number of interceptions launched, number of UFO's downed, etc?)be

2: In order to launch a base attack do the aliens need to locate the base first? Or do they just automatically know where it is?

Reason being is I had the idea of modding base assault missions by making it so that 1) the chance of a base assault mission UFO spawning in a particular region is dependent on the number of interceptors launched from that region and/or the number of downed UFO's in this region, and 2) that the aliens would actually need to fly a craft in close proximity to a Xenonaut base and detect it (like XN interceptors do with alien bases), before it became available for attack. Basically at the start of the game, the aliens would have no idea where the Xenonaut bases are, but each wave would have an increasing chance of spawning scouts to search for a base in an area with a lot of downed UFO's, and if it located a base, there would be a greater chance of spawning UFO's for base assault missions if a lot of interceptors were operating in the area. It would also mean the less interceptions carred out by a specific base, the less likely they would be to find/attack the base and the safer it would be.

So I've got a small issue that seems to have stumped me slightly and I need a small prod in the correct direction.

As a small test to get myself used to Xenonauts modding on a larger scale. I've been messing around making additional research, manufacture and armour entries. IE when a requirement is filled. I can research something that allows a manufacture that then lets me make something. Thus far it all works flawlessly until I manufacture the part. It crashes however when manufacturing finishes.

I've edited the following files.

Researches.xml

Manufactures.xml

Armours and Armours_gc.xml

Strings.xml

Xenopedia.xml

All with seperate entries so that it doesn't overwrite or break vanilla or existing ones. I just can't quite understand why it won't work.

Also I've been looking for a crash log but can't seem to find one. Any directions? Or am I just being a ditz?

I can post my entries within each file if need be to help clear it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Edit- Scratch that I figured that one out. Just need to figure out how to make it show in the UI when trying to put it onto a soldier now. :)

I'm still at a loss for this part however now after a couple of hours.

Armours.xml

Armours_gc.xml

Items.xml

Manufactures.xml

Researches.xml

Strings.xml

Xenopedia.xml

Also edited

Corpseprops.xml

Soldierprops.xml

gsgcitemtranslator.xml

Now

Files edited and such if I run it to StockItem( "armour.jackal" ) via manufacture it works fine and shows fine in storage and in the loadout screen and I can put it onto my soldier and it shows in the drop down list but if I make it StockItem( "armour.jackalee" ) (My test armour which as far as I can tell or see thus far is laid out the same through the files) it won't show in the armour list to let me fit it to my soldier but it shows up fine in base storage and it can be sold etc fine and so forth. Any ideas? :/

I've gone through and I've made identical research entries, strings, armour entries and such and edited them accordingly to match with my new armour name, I must be missing something small or obvious.

-Sidenote-

It also does not show any armour stats next to the armour itself within the xenopedia despite having it's own xenopedia section and description and such. Could this be a possible cause?

Edited by Ajaxial

Difficult to say without seeing the files but it reads most likely as a typo with the armour name somewhere. Possibly in Armour.xml since you're able to produce the item but it's not flagging as an armour type (this would explain both the inability to equip the armour and also the lack of stats in the xenopedia). May well be wrong but that would be the first thing I'd check.

Well I've looked through for typos and I can't find a single one. All my entries are set out as Jackalee as opposed to default Jackal. Would anyone be willing to look at the files for me and point out where I've gone wrong or what I've missed? Cause I'm completely confused.

I took a look through the Cybernetic armours mod to see how the config files for that are laid out and from what I could see last night. I'd essentially done similiar things except for laying out new xenopedia and ground combat images (Although I did make new entries, only they point to the default images) as I don't have new sprites. Surely having default sprites and images wouldn't cause an armour to not be equiptable/usable just because it's a new entry or something?

Edited by Ajaxial
Clarification

It's not about sprites.. Sprites are just GC view stuff..

Your problem is game doesn't accept it as an armour.. when you worked over something for hours then you became blind for your little errors.. if the game doesnt see your armour as armour it could be a type at item.xml... you could make it "armour.jackalee" as item.jackalee... at my first modding days, i remade so many things because i couldnt find the error.. and i still dont know where i was wrong at that times. But when i do it from start, it worked..

You should take a working example and always copy-paste it rather then writing it from beginning.. You will get use to it after a while.. I was checking every weapon with tryng it 1 by 1 ... now i am adding 50 of them without checking and without error.. it became your reflex after a while.. its just so easy to miss any little "letter" and cant find it even you check 15 times..

The funny thing is. I have been copy and pasting and merely just changing the entry names. It's adding to why I'm so confused.

I just now made my mod attempt from scratch via copy pasting method again like my previous time and I just ran my entire mod folder through agent ransack. (Checks for entries and compares them all etc) All entries are typed out the same but I changed the method name. Instead of Jackalee I used jackal.alloy. Once again it works flawlessly UNTIL I try to equip the armour. At which point it does not show in the list on loadout and it shows no stats inside the Xenopedia. I'm serious and honestly confused.

I haven't set it up for GC files yet. As I'm still really stumped trying to figure out how to get it working for the GS portion. :D

Would anyone take a look at my files and give me a pointer or something? I know I'm missing something stupidly obvious.

Here are the >Mod Files<

Had to upload the .rar to sendspace because for some reason the forum won't accept .rar attachments?

If you wish I can list the entries I've made down below or in a PM to make it clear which files contain which entries? Either way I appreciate your help Drages I truly do.

Infact I'll edit this post in a little bit with entries list in spoilers

Entries in files listed below:

Armour and armour_gc contain only one entry each so are easy enough

Items.xml

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">armour.jackal.alloy</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">10000</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">Uncapped</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">items/assaultrifle</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="15">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Items.XenonautJackalalloy</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">Capped</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/corpses/jackal_stunned</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Executed</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="15">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Items.XenonautJackalCorpsealloy</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">Capped</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/corpses/jackal_dead</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">Item.Dispose.Destroyed</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Manufactures

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.Jackal.alloy</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Armour</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">5000</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "armour.jackal.alloy" );</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Researches

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="25.5">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.Jackal.alloy</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">10</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Armour</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String"></Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "armour.jackal.alloy" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Jackal.alloy" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">armour.jackal.alloy</Data></Cell>

</Row>

strings.xml

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.Jackal.alloy</Data><NamedCell

ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Jackal Armour Improvments</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.Jackal.alloyDesc</Data><NamedCell

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">A project to improve upon the Jackal infantry armour by integrating Alien Alloys into the armour itself.</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">armour.jackal.alloy</Data><NamedCell

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Jackal Alloy Armour</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Items.XenonautJackalalloy</Data><NamedCell

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Xenonaut</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Items.XenonautJackalCorpsealloy</Data><NamedCell

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Xenonaut Corpse</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.Jackal.alloy</Data><NamedCell

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Jackal Alloy Armour</Data><NamedCell

</Row>

Xenopedia

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="114.75">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">armour.jackal.alloy</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Jackal Alloy Armour</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">xenopediaimages/jackalarmour</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Xenonaut Armour</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">ARM</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">The "Jackal" Combat Armour offers our soldiers extra battlefield protection at the cost of increased weight. It is not the ideal equipment for every situation, but in many cases the extra survivability could be the difference between life and death.

Laboratory tests on captured alien plasma weapons have confirmed that traditional body armour is essentially worthless against energy projectiles, having been designed to resist ballistic impact rather than heat damage. However, testing a modified combat vest with heat-resistant rather than impact-resistant ceramic plates showed impressive results. The ceramics were able to dissipate enough of the heat to give the wearer a reasonable chance of survival, though they are still likely to suffer injuries in the process.

While it provides an obvious boost to survivability, this armour is heavy and will limit the other equipment (such as ammunition or secondary weapons) a soldier can carry into battle. Armour also degrades rapidly under fire and will not withstand repeated hits, nor provide the wearer guaranteed protection - e.g. it hardly matters what armour a soldier is wearing if he is shot in the face. Nevertheless, it is still better than nothing and can be constructed in the workshop.</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Edited by Ajaxial

Armours.xml

<Armour name="armour.jackal.alloy">

<stockTextureName>armourimages/jackal</stockTextureName>

<dragTextureName>armourimages/jackal</dragTextureName>

<weight>8</weight>

<strengthBoost>0</strengthBoost>

<apBoost>0</apBoost>

<accuracyBoost>0</accuracyBoost>

<braveryBoost>0</braveryBoost>

<reflexesBoost>0</reflexesBoost>

<resilienceBoost>0</resilienceBoost>

<hidehands />

</Armour>

Armours_gc.xml

<Armour name="armour.jackal.alloy">

<Resistance kinetic="22" energy="22" chemical="0" incendiary="22" />

<VisualParams range="18" coneAngle="90" nightRangeBonus="0" />

<PsionicDefence defence="0" points="0" degradation="0" />

<Props moveSpeed="300" stairsMoveSpeed="180" vaultMoveSpeed="24" />

</Armour>

I've built entries to duplicate all instances for vanilla Jackal armour to make sure I can get it running under all circumstances. Research, manufacture, loadouts, groundcombat, groundcombat INV, corpse etc etc.

I've merely copied what the original jackal armour has done. From what I can tell. The Items.XenonautJackalalloy along with others like Items.XenonautJackalCorpsealloy are ones shown in the INV on Ground combat. Again I'm merely copying the template that the vanilla jackal has left to try and replicate it with my own armour. I'm just completely stumped what I've messed up on. :(

Ok, I think I know what the problem is.

The mod file you uploaded contains a 'modinfo' file which implies that you have installed the mod in the mods folder rather than overwriting the vanilla files. However, the mod isn't otherwise set up for this. It's actually fine for most of the files as all the .xml spreadsheets will merge without you needing to do anything. However, it is a problem for armour.xml and armour_gc.xml as they're not .xml spreadsheets. As such, those two files aren't being loaded which is why you're encountering the issue described.

To resolve this, it's really simple. Just add MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" into the <Armour> element of each file such that it reads:

<Armour MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="armour.jackal.alloy">

I'm pretty sure that's all you should need to do.

That is correct. I copied the Vanilla files into my mod folder and then edited them from there. In my first iteration I simply plonked my new code straight in. In this I was trying to see if cutting the extra armours out (By which I mean vanilla and leaving my custom ones in would fix this).

I had seen this mod merge attribute however I wasn't aware it was mandatory for modwork. And to be entirely honest it confused me. But your help has cleared that up ever so slightly. Upon making that change it does now work and the Xenopedia shows Stats near the armour AND it shows in the UI list! PROGRESS!!!

Xeno 1.jpg

Xeno 2.jpg

Xeno 3.jpg

However Equipting it makings a trooper invisible. RETROGRESS! :D

-Edit-

Oh my Is there a way to make those attachments smaller!? I didn't mean to take up that much space.

-Edit 2-

Just for a general sidenote. This threads main post doesn't specify which files are and aren't spreadsheets. And running my mods through notepad ++ (Which is my fault) I'm not really sure what would and wouldn't be spreadsheets per se. Is there a list of what is and isn't or at-least what does and doesn't require the mod merge attribute? Or am I just being stupid.......again?

Xeno 1.jpg

Xeno 2.jpg

Xeno 3.jpg

577e7d47b43ae_Xeno1.thumb.jpg.66dfb27736

577e7d47bb51f_Xeno2.thumb.jpg.ce4d89784e

577e7d47c18a1_Xeno3.thumb.jpg.3b183dbc80

Edited by Ajaxial
SORRY!!!!

You're at the point now where you need to set up folders with images relevant to the armour you're making. I'm away from my home computer now so I can't remember what folders you need to look in exactly but it's something like soldierimage and soldierimagefemale. If you look in those it should be clear what you need to do.

EDIT: Regarding .xml vs. .xml spreadsheets - basically, anything that is a spreadsheet will have a load of noise at the beginning and end that sets it up as a spreadsheet but is irrelevant to the game itself. Regular .xml files won't have all that noise and will be straight into the game relevant elements. Not sure if there's a better way to tell - I have access to Excel so it's never been an issue for me.

Edited by kabill