I suspect that combat shields have some crashes associated with them. Anyone else experienced that?

Re: Steam, this is pretty much going to be the Steam release as it seems stable thus far. Just a few more tweaks. More concerningly, my contact at Steam has stopped replying to my emails. He may have been busy or otherwise engaged for the past week...but if he's not got back in touch in a week from now I'll be rather worried.

There is absolutly no words to describe my pain. I can't wait to play the game and i am holding off until the release because i don't want some obscure bug to lessen my enjoyment of this game. And i visit the forums 3-5 times a day... the pain. Keep up the good work!

There is absolutly no words to describe my pain. I can't wait to play the game and i am holding off until the release because i don't want some obscure bug to lessen my enjoyment of this game. And i visit the forums 3-5 times a day... the pain. Keep up the good work!

I feel your pain!

Loving looking at the patch notes and watching how it develops but stopping myself from booting it up and losing a couple of days to it is agony... Waited so long for a good take on xcom that I really don't want to ruin this after I saw how good the early versions were.

Keep up the great work guys.

Desura is showing the update for me now..lol, after I finished downloading the stand-alone. Odd though when I ran the exe in the unpacked standalone it said it wasn't a valid win32 app and wouldn't run. No worries though as I figure I won't need it now with the Desura update. :)

I'm with you there!

Version 18.5 standalone is ready for download right now and am currently downloading it, especially since I am from Australia and it is currently 2:06 am for me.

I feel your pain, I am in the same boat! Download manager says 6 hours, which is at least better than the 2554 hours it showed before...

Mmm, liking the new build (making sure to avoid killing the last alien with reaction fire, and not using shields which crashes the game).

No texture bugs, the aliens move more, though often into silly places such as into open space with their backs to known Xenonauts, and they don't attack much (still reserve for reaction fire most of the time).

Also some new maps that I recognise from the community mappers (Go Moxar!)

I feel your pain, I am in the same boat! Download manager says 6 hours, which is at least better than the 2554 hours it showed before...

well, I was sick at about 4 am last night and the download had FINALLY finished by then, as I noticed the computer was turned off at that time, since the download manager I try to use all the time can turn off the computer when the download is done.

The premium standalone on Desura is screwed. Expected file size is never correct, and it's always a corrupt zip.

Can anyone else confirm this? Has anyone successfully downloaded the Premium standalone? If not I'll attempt to re-up it.

The premium standalone on Desura is screwed. Expected file size is never correct, and it's always a corrupt zip.

This one? "Xenonauts Premium Alpha BETA Candidate 4, 4,505.87mb, Windows, V18.5.zip (V18.5)"

It works for me without any problems.

Btw. unlike earlier builds this one is so far without crashes. Good job!