Flash's maps

flashman

Woaw! I love your map! It is full of details and I believe urban fight will be terrible there.

Since both maps are the same, why didn't you place both corvette and scout on the same ? You could merge yout maps. According to Chris's specs, the map distribution is :

• lightscout
  • scout/corvette
  • landingship/cruiser
  • bigga ships

Moreover, the pillarwalls don't feel very natural, as the corners and the end of the walls are a little buggy.This submap collection needs a few more work (such as corners) to be properly usable. I tried to make some, but for obscure reasons they made the ground disapear beneath them.

I'm not sold on the concretebarier on the road either, along with the sidewalk-parked cars. They do not seem very natural to me.

Lastly, you shouldn't force vehicules on carpacks, since the random submaps already put some in there. It might cause some bugs.

However, nice work, and keep going. The more maps we gets, the better will be the game!

I just noticed you uploaded the terror town map.

Well, only two (minor) flaws, to my mind.

First: it's a 60x60 map, so it should be for corvettes and landingships but not for battleship. Easy!

Second: I'd have placed some (one, or two) aliens south the the south-estern building, so the bottom edge of the map would get more... dangerous. Right now, it's a threatless corridor.

I'm not Chris, but I believe it's an excellent work, and I hope your map (both soviet and industrial) will be included in the final release.

thanks going to go and watch STar Trek then I will come back and play.

I think the biggest problem with soviet is a lack of props at the moment. The building submaps look cool but feel empty.

I agree that the concrete feels a little forced, I was in 2 minds how to do it. I will play with LOS ideas, but again I dont want the props to get 2 repetitive.

Thanks on car warning, I totally forgot that some might have cars on them. I did the soviet map as 60x60 on purpose for corvette and landingships. I will make a bigger one battleship, but I wanted it to be rather special.

lol oops that was me having issues getting it to force use in quick battle. I have it in corvette/landingship and i had it in root directory as well after wasting an hour trying to play it.

In the end I re-wrote my quickbattle - forgetting to make the enemies defensive and squishy.. so all my team died legging it across the map to scout out issues :)

OK I have put the current finishing touches to a town terror map 60x60 corvette and landingship

There is more I would like to do along the roads and some alleys to break up LOS, however I need more cars and props and items to put in the roads, rather than just replicate the same things 400 times.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzwmoem8vfqqjez/Flash%20town%20terror.rar?m

thanks guys, just found that maps crash if the default tile is not in the xenonauts directory. I was working between 18.3 and 18.5 standalone I was trying to work out why all my maps crashed in 18.3

The 18.4/5 builds are also missing greyconcrete_5x5 in the town ground directory. This might cause black tile error on 2 parts of my town map.

I have played through all the maps in the campaign. I replaced all the maps with just mine so that I could test them out.

Based on play testing I have moved and amended props to create a vehicle friendly environments. Previously 3x3 vehicles would get stuck in places and they would have to turn around. Now they have clearer access across the maps.

I have now added my first large map 70x70. This is built using only custom submaps that I have included in the download package.

Custom submaps are either revamped goldhawk versions or brand new ones.

Also tidied up the top page, will continue to do so with time permitting.

Thanks Sathra

I was going to move on from the soviets but I ended up enjoying them too much and constantly getting new ideas for submaps. I then need to include these submaps in my maps and end up making more maps.

Once I have done the soviets to death I am going to work on the desert as this is a very lonely tileset.