[V18.4 Ground combat] hard lock when trying to quit and save.

v18.4; It froze after trying to quite/save (iron) from my first crash site mission on ground combat after the first turn.

I just wanted to test and see if I could quit and save the game and then load it

I had taken my first turn disembarked all my men from the carrier, hit the turn button

waited a minute or so then pressed esc to bring up the main menu, clicked quit and

it stayed with the menu window trying to quite out of the game for about five minutes...

I then hit control escape and that did nothing so I ctl alt del and it crashed to my desk top

with a general run time error.

All the while I was able to move the cursor but couldn't click on anything.

I just retested it to see if I could reproduce that same bug and sure enough on the first ground combat after the first turn when quitting the game on iron it froze on the main screen after clicking the quit button. It was a different map. Both are on USSR.

This is quite strange - I just tried to reproduce it with an iron man game and it didn't give me any problems. It exited to the Menu screen fine, then exited the game fine too - and loading the autosave wasn't a problem either.

Can you try cleaning out your save game folder (under My Documents) and see if that helps?