[Suggestion] Visual Movement Grid

Is it possible to get a coloured movement grid around a soldier each time you select him, so you can immediately see how far you can go and what you can do? Green and yellow would mean he could move and shoot, with the latter at lower accuracy, and red to show that he is only able to walk there.

This would make it much more faster and easier instead of having to calculate TUs. I'm aware that you can lock TUs so you can reserve it for shooting.

Hmm... any tile you click on should highlight the route between the squaddie and that tile first in green, then in yellow to show when the TUs reserved for a reaction shot will cause the squaddie to stop. Isn't that enough?

Not quite, this would go one step further. I mean the soldier's entire movement grid so you can immediately see your options and plan your tactics around that, instead of having to click to find out how far he can go.

I'd love it as a keybind (like the pressing ALT suggestion) just so I can gauge distance. I like to know (for example) if moving to such-and-such square will put me into LoS of that alien that's just been spotted or not - at the moment I click somewhere to bring up the movement guide, then count out the squares. I don't want to trigger enemy reaction fire if I can possibly help it.

It's also not always obvious just how far around the corner you can chuck a grenade. This isn't much of a problem if you're already in position - I use the gun-aiming-guide before selecting a grenade right now, dunno about the upcoming 18.4 - but if you have to move, that's precious APs you're not getting back. Being able to know this stuff before committing to the move would be great!

It's also not always obvious just how far around the corner you can chuck a grenade. This isn't much of a problem if you're already in position - I use the gun-aiming-guide before selecting a grenade right now' date=' dunno about the upcoming 18.4 - but if you have to move, that's precious APs you're not getting back. Being able to know this stuff before committing to the move would be great![/quote']

I don't understand why you can't already tell how many TUs you'll have by the time to reach a position. Or are you talking about something else?

You misunderstand, probably because I ramble (sorry). I don't know which squares I can throw the grenade to. Imagine I've got the grenadier outside the alien ship and I know, for a fact, that there's at least one alien inside. I don't want to move into the alien's line of sight and take a hit, a hit that could kill my xenonaut. The door's open. I want to know how far I can chuck the grenade inside, before I move, from around the corner (or a square or two back, whatever's best).

I'm more interested in the "what you can do" part, tbh. I've no complaints about planning and actually moving, except for not being able to plot your path.