Aircraft equipment page

A couple of UI tweak suggestions.

1. Eight portraits. I'm still using the Chinook, so I don't know if troop numbers change later in the game. Even if they do, 8 makes more sense than 6.

2. Dropships first. Most of my visits to this page are to reposition troops in the Chinook, especially when I start regularly taking heavy casualties, so it makes more sense for me to have dropships as the default display. Might not be the case for the majority though; perhaps they fiddle with the loadout of the interceptors more than I do, in which case leave it as it is.

3. Troop class. I'd like to see the class on the green troop icons in the dropship, as that'd make it quicker to position R or C types near the exits. My current equipment strategies have the best players with the heavy weapons (inc. snipers), so I prefer to send my rifle and pistol redshirts out first. Perhaps a green circle overlay, like the number one but in the top right.

4. Streamlining placements. Probably too late to include anything like this, but ideally I'd like to be able to specify a template that the game would try to fit my units too without me having to micromanage. So if I always have 3 C/R, 3 H (inc. rockets) and 2S, I'd like to know that, troop-types permitting, one of the light infantry will be at each side door and one in the middle of the main door (with the two snipers flanking him) and the 3 heavies will be lined up in the second tier. You'd assign it by right clicking the tile, at which point a red circle would be placed in the bottom right (perhaps as an underlay?) with the appropriate letter in it. Obviously, manually assigning a position to a troop would override the automatic placement.

5. Chinook range. Doesn't really belong here, as it's not a UI issue, but please increase the Chinook range to 41K (or whatever is necessary to reach the exact other side of the world). I know that part of the fun of the game is going to be trying to get the base on the other land mass set up in time to prevent the governments there from leaving, but failing a terror mission because you're in Mongolia and it's in Peru isn't fun. If you need to justify it, most governments would allow the refueling of a helicopter on the way to save a city from the aliens and there's (probably, AFAIK) fewer operational barriers to refueling a long distance chopper mission compared to a fast interceptor one.

There's a few places you won't be able to reach. Starting from equatorial Africa, you can't quite reach, say, New Zealand.

As to the other points, I prefer interceptors first, since I end up dealing with them more, mostly because once a dedicated team works out on the Chinook I don't have to fiddle with it.

The reason for six portraits is probably because you're expected to be using a Hunter*, which takes two slots, leaving six soldiers. I don't recall if the Hunter gets a portrait, but I don't think it does.

Being able to predefine drop points based on class would be really cool -- I like my Hunter out front and my six troops arranged in two lines behind it, with a gap between them. My snipers, oddly enough, are in the front line. If needed, they can shoot from within the dropship without having to move once the Hunter gets out there and clears the way.

*All instances of "Hunter" can be replaced by "Scimitar" or "Hyperion."